Windows 10: Window 10: My PC won't start and SrtTrail.txt doen't help

Discus and support Window 10: My PC won't start and SrtTrail.txt doen't help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My Windows PC gave the message that a repair was needed. So I rebooted the machine and let repair do it's thing. The Repair displayed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by harrie68, Oct 9, 2018.

1. harrie68 Win User

Window 10: My PC won't start and SrtTrail.txt doen't help

Hello,
    My Windows PC gave the message that a repair was needed.
    So I rebooted the machine and let repair do it's thing.

The Repair displayed the following messages:

Scanning and repairing drive (CWindow 10: My PC won't start and SrtTrail.txt doen't help :) 100%
    Preparing Automatic Repair
    Diagnosing your PC

After that the message became:

Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC
    Logfile: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\StrTrail.txt

So i looked at the StrTrail.txt which contained the following text:
    Code: Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0 Windows directory = D:\WINDOWS AutoChk Run = 0 Number of root causes = 0 Test Performed: --------------------------- Name: Check for updates Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0 Time taken = 0 ms Test Performed: --------------------------- Name: System disk test Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0 Time taken = 0 ms Test Performed: --------------------------- Name: Disk failure diagnosis Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0 Time taken = 0 ms Test Performed: --------------------------- Name: Disk metadata test Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x32 Time taken = 0 ms --------------------------- ---------------------------[/quote] So this didn't give any clue about what is wrong.

I found on this form the message Windows can not start after update, here is SrtTrail.txt Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Of which I tried the steps.
    The steps were successful until step 4:
    Sfc /Scannow /OFFBOOTDIR=G:\ /OFFWINDIR=G:\Windows

Which gave the message:
    Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

I then tried the next steps and they were successful until step 11) bootrec /fixboot
    This gave the message: Access is denied.

The following steps didn't gave any error until step 19/20) Dir in c:\windows\system32\config\regback
    It should display: default, sam, security, software, system etc
    All of these files must be sizeable. If it displays zeros then abort.

All the files in c:\windows\system32\config\regback were 0 bytes.

So now I'm wondering what else can I try.

Hopefully someone can help

:)

harrie68, Oct 9, 2018

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Oct 9, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Oct 9, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

tops, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10: My PC won't start and SrtTrail.txt doen't help - Similar Threads - Window won't start

2. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  3. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  4. HELP!! MY PC WON'T START AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP!! MY PC WON'T START AFTER UPDATE: laptop : HP 14s-fq1xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-pc-wont-start-after-update/e41c3877-62dd-4a4a-839f-8dd9b2a96a89
  5. HELP!! MY PC WON'T START AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP!! MY PC WON'T START AFTER UPDATE: laptop : HP 14s-fq1xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-pc-wont-start-after-update/e41c3877-62dd-4a4a-839f-8dd9b2a96a89
  6. My PC won't start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC won't start: I turned my PC off before I left for work a couple of days ago, and I when to turn it back on yesterday and a message appeared saying "preparing automatic repair" or "diagnosing your PC" or something like that. I left this to run as I presumed it would repair itself, but it...
  7. Srttrail problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Srttrail problems: i was working with two pc, a notebook and a desktop, and the notebook was having some problems that didn't let me boot propperly in any way, so i take out the HDD and connect it to the desktop to see if it has bad sectors or anything, the answer was no, after that, when i...
  8. srttrail help

srttrail help: If you get the srttrail error and get stuck, don't worry. Boot into save mode, either through the startup settings page (see image below, #4 or #5) or by other means if you know how, I won't go into that. Your hard drive is most likely ok. However if safe mode doesn't...
  9. PC won't boot- SrtTrail error

PC won't boot- SrtTrail error: So my Windows 10 PC wont boot, and I've tried everything. First I tried resetting the PC, both keeping my files and getting rid of them, and it says "there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." I tried System Restore but it says "you must enable system...
  10. Windows 10 SrtTrail error

Windows 10 SrtTrail error: Hi today updating drivers of sound (realtek) and reboot the computer found this error so far i tried to use the bootrec but one command thats bootrec /fixboot is accedd denied I have a instalation media before the april update Can anybody help me please ?...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wont boot srttrail.txt