Windows 10: Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch.

Discus and support Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two PCs running Windows 10, and one stopped connecting to the internet. I just switched to Wi-Fi, and on the other computer, this was no issue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naso4265, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Naso4265 Win User

Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch.

I have two PCs running Windows 10, and one stopped connecting to the internet. I just switched to Wi-Fi, and on the other computer, this was no issue, because I can only connect through Ethernet by running a cable across the house. Today, I started to work on updating another computer to windows 10, but I can only work on it next to my second computer, and it doesn't have Wi-Fi. I was unable to connect to the internet. After some work on the first computer, I discovered that it works when I connect directly through the router, but I can't do that for every computer. I have more than 4 computers that don't have Wi-Fi, and several computers that are too far away to not use a switch. Windows 7 works just fine.

:)

Naso4265, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Hi SanJ16,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the following steps on your laptop and check if it works.

1. Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network and Internet’.
    2. Click on ‘Ethernet’ and tap ‘Properties’ for the network connection.
    3. Set it to ‘Private’ and turn on ‘Make this PC discoverable’.
    4. Close settings when finished.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Issues with connecting to ethernet network connection on Windows 10.

Hello Alex,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you check if you have any wireless (wifi/Bluetooth) connection port open or trying to connect when Ethernet port is communicating?
    • Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to connect to the internet?
    • Which Troubleshooter did you run which notified 'protocol is missing'?
    • Did you verify whether the relevant drivers are the most up to date ones available on manufacturer's website?

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating
    system.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Next, follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Internet connection option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter

If it still does not help, I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps outlined in the below Microsoft Help link and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

Note: Make sure to use the networking commands as it will definitely help to diagnose and fix common connection problems.

Write to us with the with the updated status and the required information related to Ethernet connections for us to be bale to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch. [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch. - Similar Threads - Window connecting internet

2. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  3. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  4. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  6. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  7. Windows 10 internet connection issues via ethernet

Windows 10 internet connection issues via ethernet: Good morning Microsoft,Hi everyone, I have had some issues after windows recovery, specifically I have been unable to connect my desktop computer to the internet.What I am currently seeing after hours of effort is you are connected to the internet under network status and...
  8. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  9. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  10. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netwirk and internet on windows 10 via ethernet

2. hp wont connect to internet after windows update