Windows 10: Window 10 not loading and laptop keyboard is dead

Discus and support Window 10 not loading and laptop keyboard is dead in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire 7250 laptop. It came with Windows 7 and i installed the free Windows 10 upgrade a few years ago. None of the keys are working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hoopgal, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Hoopgal Win User

Window 10 not loading and laptop keyboard is dead

I have an Acer Aspire 7250 laptop. It came with Windows 7 and i installed the free Windows 10 upgrade a few years ago. None of the keys are working, including function keys. At that time it would load Windows 10. That was the start of my problem. I did a hard shutdown and it went into recovery mode and attempted to repair my Laptop. That failed. I first tried restoring to my last restore point which was about a month ago. It attempted to, but after two hours it was still frozen, so i did another hard shutdown. Windows 10 will not load now.

I have a wireless mouse which is the only thing that is working. I attempted to go to BIOS, but the F2 doesn’t work. I went to Advanced Options on the Troubleshooter. I tried uninstalling the last update, but that failed. I tried going to the Command screen, but I can’t type anything. I tried going to Startup options, but my keyboard doesn’t work. I tried to Reset my PC, but that doesn’t work. So now, it is stuck in recovery mode. When I restart or reboot, it shows the Windows logo, then immediately tries to repair, but nothing in Recovery mode works because my keyboard DOES NOT WORK. i opened up the case and all the cables appear to be attached. I did not remove the motherboard to try to remove the battery under it, because I was afraid i would not hook up all the cables correctly.

i have read everything I can find online. I do not have another USB keyboard. My ODD appears to work. I do have a complete backup of the computer on DVD back when I first bought it 7 years ago, but i dont’t have a recovery disk.

Does anyone have a suggestion other than junking this laptop? I would like to save my photos, but there is nothing else on here I really need.

:)

Hoopgal, Jan 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Window 10 not loading and laptop keyboard is dead - Similar Threads - Window loading laptop

2. Dead Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead Laptop: So I'm trying to fix my mother's laptop that just stopped working about 3 weeks ago. Whenever she tried to turn it on it just sat at the preparing automatic repair screen and didn't do anything. So I was going to reinstall windows, but my question is, do I need to install the...
  3. Dead laptop can't transfer windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dead laptop can't transfer windows 10: Dead laptop can't transfer windows 10 l didn't know you needed to add a Microsoft account to transfer digital licence. Can't get into old laptop to transfer licence to my microsft account...
  4. Dead line window 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead line window 10 laptop: There is no power and the laptop is dead it not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-line-window-10-laptop/4eea477f-9851-4bc5-8f87-02fd596d2b69
  5. Dead line window 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead line window 10 laptop: My computer window Linx 10 is dead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-line-window-10-laptop/ba923265-4e12-4714-8739-8d5ff0035f09
  6. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake": I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again....
  7. dead laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    dead laptop: my laptop died ( a dell Inspiron 11) and i want to put it on my old computer. will the windows 10 licence carry over? or do i have to buy a new license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-laptop/f2d47516-a2b7-4aa7-838e-bf1f8e4a4533"
  8. Laptop with Windows 10 dead

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with Windows 10 dead: My laptop running Win 10 will not turn on. When I push the Start button nothing happens except the Start button background light goes on and off 5-6 times. John...
  9. Dead Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dead Keyboard: I spilled water on my keyboard and of course it is now dead. Would attaching an external keyboard work in allowing me to access all my 'stuff' which I cant access. now. TUVM...
  10. Keyboard dead during bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard dead during bootup: I'm trying to replace my old Dell keyboard with a G.Skill Ripjaws gaming keyboard. Unfortunately, it only works after the system boots up, which means I can't use function keys at bootup. I've written to G.Skill already. But just in case this problem is not a glitch in...