Windows 10: Window 10 October Update - getting help Whats new

Discus and support Window 10 October Update - getting help Whats new in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On auto receiving the major October 2018 update (which I received in Jan 13th 2019) I was presented with a splendid info screen which, frustratingly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesKent, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Window 10 October Update - getting help Whats new

On auto receiving the major October 2018 update (which I received in Jan 13th 2019) I was presented with a splendid info screen which, frustratingly did not so much give info but gave me action buttons to set up links and shares with my Smartphone amongst other things.

This is annoying because why would anyone do that without first understanding what information would flow between the two? Especially first thing on a Monday morning with lots of work to do. It would be far better if they had a link like "All you need to know about our new Smartphone link features"

So I by passed that screen with the intention of giving it more attention later.

Does anyone know how to re-load that Whats New information screen from a desktop?

:)

CharlesKent, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Window 10 October Update - getting help Whats new

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 October Update - getting help Whats new

1. Window 10 October Update - getting help Whats new - Similar Threads - Window October Update

2. Windows 10 October 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 October 2021 cumulative update (not to be confused with version 21H2) is now available for everyone. October 2021 Patch Tuesday release includes various security improvements and bug fixes for Windows 10’s buggy and blurry taskbar news and interests widget....
  3. What is new in the Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in the Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2: The Windows 10 October 2020 Update has started to become available to customers as a free update. This year has continued to bring about change for many of us. Change in how we connect to one another, how we work, how we learn, even how we have fun. And that change is...
  4. Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Staying up to date with the latest Windows Update releases keeps your device safe and running efficiently. Click the link ⬇️ to check to see if you have the latest update release. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update [ATTACH]...
  5. What's Up With October Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's Up With October Windows 10 Update?: I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a desktop computer. In early October, I installed a Windows 10 update that was supposed to update my Version 1803 to 1809. The update appeared to go smoothly, and I didn't lose files as some have reported. However, I just noticed my Windows 10...
  6. What is new in printing in Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in printing in Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809: Inbox print and scan drivers available through Windows Update Starting with Windows 10, version 1809, inbox print and scan drivers have moved to Windows Update. Prior versions of Windows included basic printer drivers that enabled simple printing when a full feature driver...
  7. What is new in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Yesterday, Yusuf Mehdi announced the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the newest feature update for Windows 10. The October 2018 Update brings with it the best version of Microsoft Edge yet, with new features and enhancements, and updates the web platform to EdgeHTML 18. You...
  8. What is new for IT pros in Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    What is new for IT pros in Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809: I’m happy to announce that Windows 10, version 1809 is now available for download from Visual Studio Subscriptions (formerly MSDN Subscriptions) and the Software Download Center (via Update Assistant or the Media Creation Tool)—as well as through Windows Server Update...
  9. Find out what is new in Windows 10 October 2018 Update and Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Find out what is new in Windows 10 October 2018 Update and Office 365: The Windows 10 October 2018 Update is available now, and we’re also releasing new innovations in Office 365, To-Do and Outlook.com. These updates were designed to help you make the most of your time across work, home and everywhere in between. Offering tools for your whole...
  10. What’s new in Office 365 administration—October update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Office 365 administration—October update: The new admin center reached general availability one month ago. This was a big milestone in our mission to provide you with a first-class admin experience, with tools that enable you to efficiently manage all aspects of the service. We continue to evolve the admin center....