Windows 10: Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device...

Discus and support Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had to update Parallels on my Mac, and then reload Windows 10. I type in the Product Key from my purchase of Windows 10 and it says "We can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DaleWeber1, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device...

I had to update Parallels on my Mac, and then reload Windows 10. I type in the Product Key from my purchase of Windows 10 and it says "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device." And tells me to purchase it. I already purchased it! Very frustrating!

:)

DaleWeber1, Mar 27, 2020
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device... [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Window 10 installation and activation using Windows 7 Product key

Hello Sourabh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Starting with the November update, Windows 10 (Version 1511) can be activated using some Windows 7,
    Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 product keys. During the free upgrade or installation, you can use a valid Windows 7,
    Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 product key to activate
    Windows 10 (Version 1511 or higher). The following types of product keys are supported:

• Product keys included in the packaging or the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to your PC that came installed with Windows.

• Product keys included in the confirmation email you received after buying Windows from an online retailer.

• Product keys included in the box the Windows DVD came in.

• Product keys you bought using Windows Anytime Upgrade or Get Genuine Windows.

• If you bought a Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key, you can use it to activate
      Windows 10 Pro.

After Windows 10 is activated, a digital entitlement will be given to your device based on the product key you entered. This means that you’ll no longer need to enter a product key to activate
    Windows 10 on this device.

On some devices that came pre-installed with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, the product key is provisioned in the device firmware. On these devices the product key will be verified during setup, and then the appropriate edition of
    Windows 10 will be installed.

Note:

• Some Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1product keys can't be used to activate
      Windows 10, such as product keys for volume licensing, including Generic Volume Licensing Keys (GVLK) and Multiple Activation Keys (MAK), and Windows 7 Enterprise,
      Windows 8 Enterprise, and Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device...

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device... [​IMG]

Superfly, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device...

1. Window 10 on a Mac - can't activate because product key was already used on another device... - Similar Threads - Window Mac can't

2. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  3. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  4. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 product key already in use

Windows 10 product key already in use: I purchased a product key via Digit Brew website and checking lot of reviews on Trust Pilot. But when tried to activate Windows got error which says the product key is already in use on another system.Kindly help here.Thanks,Vijay....
  6. Product Key says it is being used on another device?

Product Key says it is being used on another device?: Hi, I have had my computer for 4+ years, I recently got a new motherboard and CPU and re-installed windows, but was having issues with my PC bluescreening, and after running tests assumed my motherboard was no good. Just yesterday I got a new one, and obviously, my PC is...
  7. Windows activation key used on another device

Windows activation key used on another device: I recently installed windows 10 on a virtual machine, and used my activation key on it and it worked fine. I then deleted it, made another, activated windows and it r was fine. I libked it with an ms account, and then I deleted the vm. Now, on the new one, it says i am using...
  8. Can't activate Windows because "the product key was already used on another device".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows because "the product key was already used on another device".: I don't know what else to say here. I recently got the latest version of Windows 10 and I haven't had Windows 10 activated for a while. After resetting for the first time which was a year ago, I found that I was unable to activate windows again on this device because it was...
  9. Already used product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Already used product key: I bought an key for an Mircosoft product and when I wanted to use it it said it was already used. And if I want my Money back they said I have to know when the key was used. How do I find out [moved from German forums]...
  10. Using the current device's product key on my another device.

Using the current device's product key on my another device.: Hello, My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM License). Now, I have bought a new PC which came with Windows 10 Home. How do I use my retail PRO product key in my new laptop...