Windows 10: Window 10 Peoples app, lost all contacts.

Discus and support Window 10 Peoples app, lost all contacts. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have lost all my contact information for Peoples , Mail apps. Is there a way to retrieve a back-up copy of the contact information? thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roy_314, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Roy_314 Win User

Window 10 Peoples app, lost all contacts.

I have lost all my contact information for Peoples , Mail apps. Is there a way to retrieve a back-up copy of the contact information?

thanks

:)

Roy_314, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Helmut Win User

Data lost on Win 10 people app

I doubt if those are really lost.
    Look at your People App settings in the first instance to see what Account(s) it is syncing with.

Then to Filter Contact list and make sure the 'Show Contacts from' list is what you want > Done.

Then in general Windows settings > Privacy > Background Apps have the Mail and People App running. Those are virtually the only ones I allow to run in the background out of a very long list.

For example, in mine it syncs with 2 Outlook Mail Accounts and a Gmail Account.
    You can obviously go to those accounts using the Webmail interface to see the contacts in those.

Helmut, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Upgraded to windows 10 and lost all contacts in people app .

After upgrading my lumia 640xl to windows 10 lost all contacts , as people app is not able to sync the contact list as account is not getting added.

I tried to add it several times it says "add account successfully" , but the list doesn't show contacts as well as the live account .

nagendra169, Sep 17, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 Peoples app, lost all contacts. - Similar Threads - Window Peoples app

2. Copy all contacts from People app in window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy all contacts from People app in window 10: My Gmail account faulted somehow and many of my contacts have been deleted. But coincidently there was a backup on my other laptop where all the contacts are available in the people app. Now i have disconnected the internet on that laptop fearing syncing might delete from...
  3. Windows 10 "People" aka contacts app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "People" aka contacts app.: How do I customize the Windows 10 "People" default template i.e. I'd like to remove some labels and replace those removed with new labels?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-people-aka-contacts-app/eb8bf738-cd79-4889-85fc-f506eb203d59
  4. All contacts deleted in people app

All contacts deleted in people app: I forgot to sync my contacts to the mail and removed it from the people app. When i added the account back not even a singke contact was there. Is it possible that they may in stored in the memory of the laptop??...
  5. iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app: Has anyone successfully been able to make Windows 10 People (the contacts part of mail) sync with their iCloud contacts? Not import, but sync? Or, does anyone know for sure whether it’s possible or impossible? It seems to be possible because there is a dialogue to sign in to...
  6. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  7. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  8. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  9. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  10. Delete all contacts in People? Multiple instances of all contacts.

Delete all contacts in People? Multiple instances of all contacts.: I don't know how this happened. I have my gmail account and an outlook account in the win 10 "People." The app has multiple copies of the contacts sometimes more than just 2. I'd like to remove all the contacts and accounts and start fresh. I cant find how to do that. Also...