Windows 10: Window 10 Pro- Computer broke Can you transfer key to new computer?

Discus and support Window 10 Pro- Computer broke Can you transfer key to new computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded my window 10 Home to windows 10 Pro around 6 months ago and paid through Microsoft. I believe the upgrade was around 110$CA My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JustinDenny, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Window 10 Pro- Computer broke Can you transfer key to new computer?

Hello,

I upgraded my window 10 Home to windows 10 Pro around 6 months ago and paid through Microsoft. I believe the upgrade was around 110$CA

My laptop just bit the dust, does anyone know if I could use or transfer the windows Pro Key to my new computer that has windows 10 home?

Or is this a money grab and only thing to do is to buy a new Key?

:)

JustinDenny, Nov 30, 2018

2. New computer - transfer old key

Hi,

The Windows 10 Pro upgrade would be tied to the old computer and is not transferable. I believe it will be necessary to purchase Windows 10 Pro.

Try the following steps:

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.
    • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you don't have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro is available for purchase from the Store.
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Smittychat., Nov 30, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2018
  4. ksb1941 Win User

Window 10 Pro- Computer broke Can you transfer key to new computer?

Transfer pro to a new computer.

I have an older Windows 10 computer which I upgraded to Pro from home. Just got a new computer with Windows 10 home preinstalled. Any way I can transfer the Pro upgrade to the new computer, letting the older computer, which was either 7 or 8 originally
    revert down to Windows 10 home? I will be keeping both but giving older to my kids. By the way, I have already upgraded to 1803

ksb1941, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Window 10 Pro- Computer broke Can you transfer key to new computer?

1. Window 10 Pro- Computer broke Can you transfer key to new computer? - Similar Threads - Window Pro Computer

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer: Hi,I bought a PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled OEM key I guess. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store.That PC is getting old so I have bought a new PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Is it possible to transfer the Windows 11 Pro key that I bought...
  3. Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer: Hi,I bought a PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled OEM key I guess. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store.That PC is getting old so I have bought a new PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Is it possible to transfer the Windows 11 Pro key that I bought...
  4. transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer: I am replacing my old HP computer. Win10 Pro is an upgraded OS on this machine. I have a valid key for this OS that I would like to use with my new computer. I recently built a new machine for my wife. In the process of that I purchased a Win10 Pro disc with a separate key....
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to New Computer

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to New Computer: I upgraded my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft at no charge. I am going to buy a new computer but it comes with Windows 10 Home. Can I upgrade the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro on the new computer using the license from my old computer?...
  6. New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license

New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license: I have an Windows 10 Pro license, purchased from Microsoft as a Digital License. It is active on my current PC that originally came with Windows 10 Home. I have purchased a new PC with Windows 10 Home and would like to transfer the Pro license to it, and keep my old PC with...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Transfer to a new Computer

Windows 10 Pro Transfer to a new Computer: Hello, I recently built a new PC for gaming and was trying to transfer my Windows 10 Pro Digital License from my old Computer. I looked up my Produkt key and Uninstalled the produktkey from my old computer, but when i attempted to activate it ony my new pc it said Error...
  8. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new computer

Windows 10 Pro transfer to new computer: I just bought a new Dell G7 that came with Windows 10 Home. I am retiring an Hp 4720s which has Windows 10 Pro. I bought a Retail version of Windows 7 Pro; then took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 when it first came available. Now, I am being told by...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 Pro to a new computer

Transferring Windows 10 Pro to a new computer: I am building a new computer and want to get everything over to it from my old computer. The old computer will not be functioning. I believe I can get whatever data I need over but I am wondering about the Windows 10 Pro. The Windows 10 Pro is activated in my microsoft...
  10. Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?

Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?: Hello, I've just built a new computer and I want to transfer a digital license from my laptop to the new PC. The license is linked to my Microsoft account and I lost my original key. Is there any way to transfer that license to my new PC? thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc broke transfer windows key

2. computer broke activate windows another one