Windows 10: Window 10 Pro is crashing too often

Discus and support Window 10 Pro is crashing too often in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , Last year I have installed windows 10 pro over my windows 8.1 professional. I think that was my biggest mistake (I can say now). As after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ekampreet, Jan 19, 2016.

1. ekampreet Win User

Window 10 Pro is crashing too often

Hi ,
    Last year I have installed windows 10 pro over my windows 8.1 professional.

I think that was my biggest mistake (I can say now). As after installing I found that my PC started crashing very frequently, I tried to check the Windows Event viewer, but didn’t found anything which can help me track the problem.

Then I thought, issue can be due to some hardware driver, so I found all new drivers which I can and installed, but nothing happened.

As was busy doing some other work, so the option to go back to previous installation also lost to me, so can’t go back to Windows 8.1 pro without reinstalling whole system.

The frequency of the crashes is very erratic, sometime it don’t crashes for days, but sometimes it crashes 4-5 times in a day.

Please help me to resolve the issue, or suggest how can I identify what is causing all the trouble.

Please find attached CPU-Z report for the system configuration.
    Ekam-PC.txt

Thanks in advance.

Ekam

:)

ekampreet, Jan 19, 2016
  2. tgrt Win User

Mail crashes randomly

I get frequent crashes from the Mail app in Windows 10. The app crashes at different times and while doing different operations and at least once when no user interaction was involved. It appears to crash most often when switching from a different user.
    (The other user account is not always involved.)

Although there are many different applications that I'm frequently running the majority of the morning and early afternoon the Surface Pro is running Mail and Twitter apps side-by-side.

I'm not too worried about the crashes, because it's the initial release; and restarting the app is simple enough. @SurfaceSupport suggested that I report the problem here. That suggestion came in response to a feedback with another Twitter user regarding
    the Windows 10 upgrade experience with our Surface Pros.

Surface Pro 2 fully patched

Windows 10 Pro

8 GB RAM

3. Windows 10 Pro Product Key

Please help. After installing the Windows 10 Pro upgrade my computer crashed and will not reboot. I created the USB backup for Windows 10 Pro, but to reinstall the upgrade it asks for the product key. Where can I get the key?

I cannot restore nor do a recovery as I cannot access my drives. I have no internet access and all attempted reboots keeps going in circles and never boots.

I updated from Windows 8.1 Pro, which also was a free Windows upgrade from Windows 8. Prior to the crash, Windows 10 Pro was slower and very often had "not responding" when I tried to enter a web site. Has anyone had similar problems with Windows 10 Pro?

David G in VA, Jan 19, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

hello, I don't have a reason for what's happing, but I do know if it was mine I would do a fresh/clean install of win10 .if interested follow this tutorial .. make sure to back up important data ,first
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

also CPU-Z 1.74 [ not sure what version you are using ]is incompatible with win10 I'm using [insider build 11099.1000] it win10 uninstall it on me

caperjack, Jan 19, 2016
  5. ekampreet Win User
    Is there any way or utility which can help me to find the root cause of problem?

I m using CPU-Z 1.74 , and it is working perfectly fine on my machine.

ekampreet, Jan 19, 2016
  6. You can also run Memtest to find out if your memory is bad. I've encountered several systems that ran fine with one OS, but crashed often with another due to bad memory.

That being said, a clean install is always a good idea. I do them right after getting Windows 10 installed over an older OS, once it is activated.

DeaconFrost, Jan 19, 2016
  7. ekampreet Win User
    checked by changing RAM too, but status same.

ekampreet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 Pro is crashing too often - Similar Threads - Window Pro crashing

2. Pc crashes too often unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes too often unusable: Hi , my pc is crashing for almost 3 years now . Specs :Ryzen 5 3500x , RX5500xt 8GB ,16 gb of ram 3200hz hyperx fury ,and i think my motherboard is gigabyte b450m s2h , 1tb seagate hdd , 250gb nvme ssd kingston , 600w aerocool cylon powersupply ,Case is aqirys canopus. So i...
  3. Pc crashes too often unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashes too often unusable: Hi , my pc is crashing for almost 3 years now . Specs :Ryzen 5 3500x , RX5500xt 8GB ,16 gb of ram 3200hz hyperx fury ,and i think my motherboard is gigabyte b450m s2h , 1tb seagate hdd , 250gb nvme ssd kingston , 600w aerocool cylon powersupply ,Case is aqirys canopus. So i...
  4. Games Crashing Often on Windows 10

Games Crashing Often on Windows 10: Hello,So recently I had some issues with Windows 10/11 crashing constantly on a faulty HDD, and just swapped over to a different drive for my OS. That resolved the issue with Windows crashing, but for some reason I am now receiving constant crashing with games on Windows 10....
  5. Window 10 update too often

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 update too often: Hi. My Window 10 laptop update everyday, sometime twice a day and it's really bugging me out. I have to go to "check for updates" every morning to update my laptop or my laptop will become really laggy, I can't even browse webpage smoothly without updating my laptop everyday....
  6. Window 10 update too often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 update too often: Hi. My Window 10 laptop update everyday, sometime twice a day and it's really bugging me out. I have to go to "check for updates" every morning to update my laptop or my laptop will become really laggy, I can't even browse webpage smoothly without updating my laptop everyday....
  7. Window 10 update too often

8. Windows Crashing Often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Crashing Often: HiMy windows has been crashing often lately. Just for random reasons. I thought it was due to my harddrive as SMART diagnostic seems to suggest that it was running a bit hot so I replaced that and am still experiencing the crashes. Have tried checking what was wrong with my...
  9. windows 10 having BSOD way too often

windows 10 having BSOD way too often: I'm experiencing BSOD on daily basis since as long as I know and it's getting more and more irritating, at first I thought it was faulty RAM, replaced a new one under warranty. The BSOD came back again after couple days, most of the issues were caused by windows kernel...
  10. Windows 10 crashing often

Windows 10 crashing often: Hi I'm trying to fix a colleague's laptop which keeps crashing. It's a HP Probook 430 running Windows 10 Pro. I have exported a day's worth of error logs, where it crashed a lot more than normal while I was trying to figure out the issue. I've tried updating all of the...