Windows 10: window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd

Discus and support window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; MY Windows 10 Asus laptop loads the Medion drive and go SSD. However my Desk top running Windows 10 pro has in past but will not now load this device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StanleyDewhirst, Jun 28, 2019.

1. window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd

MY Windows 10 Asus laptop loads the Medion drive and go SSD. However my Desk top running Windows 10 pro has in past but will not now load this device When the device is connected to desktop the computer bleeps and the drive power light glows. . However the device is not recognised by file manager disk manager or device manager. The device and hardware trouble shooter has been removed from my version of windows

:)

StanleyDewhirst, Jun 28, 2019

2. ssd not recognised

After update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update I now am getting same problem.

SSD's not recognised. I tried running "winsat formal" from an elevated (admin) command as suggested by Word Man and done previously when I got this problem with no success.

Any suggestions?

jaburmester, Jun 28, 2019
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jun 28, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd

External hard drive not recognised

Worked out what the problem was with my external drive notbeing recognised. I looked under Device Manager > USB Controllers and there itwas listed with an exclamation mark with the error saying that "the driverfor this device is in memory" or words to that effect. I right clicked thecorresponding Mass Storage device and uninstalled it and then unplugged theexternal drive. I rebooted my desktop and plugged the external drive in againand it reinstalled its driver again and I am now able to use the external driveagain. window 10  pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd :)

scopio, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd

1. window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd - Similar Threads - window pRO recognising

2. Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised: Hi,I'm having issues with Windows 10 recognising my Samsung SSD T7 External SSD.My Linux PC and Android device are both able to recognise it. I have tried repartitioning on my linux machine with Fat32 and NTFS, but to no avail. Windows 10 version: 21H2The device is not...
  3. Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised: Hi,I'm having issues with Windows 10 recognising my Samsung SSD T7 External SSD.My Linux PC and Android device are both able to recognise it. I have tried repartitioning on my linux machine with Fat32 and NTFS, but to no avail. Windows 10 version: 21H2The device is not...
  4. Samsung SSD External Drive not Recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD not recognised.

SSD not recognised.: My friend gave me a HDD that he said was clean formatted as NTFS. I was going to use it as storage. I plugged it in and Win XP started to load. I immediately did a shutdown and removed the HDD. I booted and now my OS doesn't recognise the SSD A400 at all in Disk Management...
  6. External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.: Hey guys, I recently swapped my ssd with Samsung 970 evo plus and took out the old one and after a while I purchased a external SSD connector and after installing it in the external adapter and after plugging to my laptop it is not being recognizednot being shown in windows...
  7. seagate external drive not recognised in Windows 10

seagate external drive not recognised in Windows 10: Hi, my Seagate BUP Slim BK USB Device/external drive was corrupted yesterday when I connected it to my computer. This is the message I get when I try to connect it E:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. And when I try to have it scanned for...
  8. Windows 10 on external ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on external ssd?: I want to install Windows 10 on my ssd and be able to boot it just from it being plugged into the usb. Like a portable windows 10 submitted by /u/mylifewastooken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dp1ifi/windows_10_on_external_ssd/
  9. External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10

External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10: External hard drive not recognised by Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-recognised-by-windows-10/586fb24b-b574-4f17-93f7-1820576671af
  10. ssd not recognised

ssd not recognised: I have 2 ssd Samsung SSD 840 pro series (c*Smile and Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB (d*Smile. Both these drives are recognised I presume correctly. They are installed on a Toshiba QOSMIO X500 PQX33E-00N006EN laptop. Trim is enabled as I run fsutil behavior query...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 external ssd