Windows 10: Window 10 Pro Retail bad motherboard using new motherboard

Discus and support Window 10 Pro Retail bad motherboard using new motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I using fresh windows 10 Pro Retail version on a system where its motherboard was bad it worked long enough to install and update windows then crashed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by datashark, Jul 28, 2020.

1. datashark Win User

Window 10 Pro Retail bad motherboard using new motherboard

I using fresh windows 10 Pro Retail version on a system where its motherboard was bad it worked long enough to install and update windows then crashed and never recovered properly. I am getting a new motherboard to replace defective - all other parts are the same incld. hard drive where windows installed. Will I be able to activate that windows as normal? or will it think I still have the other motherboard if so how to deactivate it for new one?

:)

datashark, Jul 28, 2020

2. Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

Yes, a retail purchased license includes unlimited transfer rights. Its a full version and you can move to new motherboard without hindrance. Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

I am still not clear if the purchasing of a "Retail version of Windows 10 Pro" will allow me to transfer or move it to a new motherboard if required in the future. I searched the forms, but most answers refer to Windows 10 upgrading from previous versions
    of Windows. Also, most answers keep referring to the OEM being tied to the bios of the motherboard, but please clarify if the same is true of the "Retail" version. Other than Microsoft support for Retail, I can't see my question answered. Thanks.

Barry

Barry H(2), Jul 28, 2020
  4. Window 10 Pro Retail bad motherboard using new motherboard

New motherboard

How was Windows 10 setup on your computer?

Was it the free upgrade to Windows 10 from a preinstalled OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

If it was, then you can't transfer it to a new motherboard.

Was it the free upgrade to Windows 10 from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

Then, yes, you can transfer it.

If its retail, the first thing I would make sure you do is link your license to your Microsoft Account:

Shutdown your computer, open the system unit, remove the old motherboard, install the new motherboard, connect your hard disk, then boot the system.

Windows 10 will automatically reconfigure itself then boot up.

Sign in.

If Windows 10 does not automatically reactivate, you can wait a few days.

If not, open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshoot

Sign in

Click Next, then choose your computer from the list of machines.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Window 10 Pro Retail bad motherboard using new motherboard

1. Window 10 Pro Retail bad motherboard using new motherboard - Similar Threads - Window Pro Retail

2. Motherboard going bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard going bad?: I have a 200Mbps connection to my ISP. I have a specific machine that is getting only about 25 Mbps through the onboard network adapter or through the onboard wifi adapter. That machine is fully up-to-date on Windows updates and network adapter and wifi drivers. I get the...
  3. Motherboard going bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard going bad?: I have a 200Mbps connection to my ISP. I have a specific machine that is getting only about 25 Mbps through the onboard network adapter or through the onboard wifi adapter. That machine is fully up-to-date on Windows updates and network adapter and wifi drivers. I get the...
  4. Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.: I build a pc by my self and buy a oem key on the new motherboard, but that motherboard have problem. I send it to the Asus suppord to fix it, but they change my motherboard to different one and I ask them how to fix this problem. They sak me did I ask the micrsoft suppord...
  5. Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.: I build a pc by my self and buy a oem key on the new motherboard, but that motherboard have problem. I send it to the Asus suppord to fix it, but they change my motherboard to different one and I ask them how to fix this problem. They sak me did I ask the micrsoft suppord...
  6. Activated retail windows 10 on new motherboard/cpu successfully, motherboard dies, can't...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activated retail windows 10 on new motherboard/cpu successfully, motherboard dies, can't...: So last month I upgraded my cpu and motherboard. I transferred my retail windows 10 over to the new system using the usb tool. It worked great and I was able to activate windows. Two weeks later my motherboard dies and I order a new one. I swap the motherboardsI do not...
  7. Windows 10 Pro - new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro - new motherboard: I have just ordered a new PC with Windows 10 Pro - it was a custom build. This arrived in January. I have realised that I have bought an inappropriate motherboard for the processor I got. It is not faulty - I just stupidly chose a cheap model. I would now like to change it....
  8. Error Reactivating Windows 10 Pro Retail After Change New Motherboard

Error Reactivating Windows 10 Pro Retail After Change New Motherboard: Hi, somebody can help me, today i've change (upgrade) my motherboard, i've removed my product key from my old motherboard and when i try to activate to my new motherboard, it said error with 0xC004F025 code i have linked to with my account and it still no working,...
  9. Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard: I'm about to upgrade my motherboard and I already have my Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft Account. Can I erase the hard drive, upgrade the motherboard, clean install Windows 10 and then run troubleshooter to reactivate with the same Microsoft account? What would...
  10. Reactivating retail windows after new motherboard

Reactivating retail windows after new motherboard: Got windows 7 Ultimate retail years ago and got Windows 10 pro upgrade. Finally upgraded motherboard and processor and windows won't activate from troubleshooter with error code 0xC004F213. Prior to upgrading I verified my license was digitally linked to my Microsoft...