Windows 10: Window 10 recovery leaves some traces of previous installation which prevents installation...

Discus and support Window 10 recovery leaves some traces of previous installation which prevents installation... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had run windows recovery using hp cloud recovery tool to factory set up without back up in window 10 in my PC. After I started installing software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dasak2, Jan 8, 2021.

1. dasak2 Win User

Window 10 recovery leaves some traces of previous installation which prevents installation...

I had run windows recovery using hp cloud recovery tool to factory set up without back up in window 10 in my PC. After I started installing software and adding devices after recovery I failed to install my hp Printer. I found there were short-cuts of pre-recovery printer software still on desktop but these did not work. At the same time the software for running the printer failed to connect to the printer. Tracing the location of the pre-recovery printer files I found that there were a number of files including exe file as also some dll files of the printer software in a folder named bin in windows C drive. It seems to me that these files in some way were preventing fresh installation of the software. My question is, "Can these files in bin folder in Windows C under the name of printer supplier can be deleted without compromising the functioning of the computer?

Ajoy

:)

dasak2, Jan 8, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Factory Reset leaves traces of previous users

Here are a couple of interesting screenshots (The machine was reset again this morning using the method above):

Window 10 recovery leaves some traces of previous installation which prevents installation... [​IMG]

Window 10 recovery leaves some traces of previous installation which prevents installation... [​IMG]

Bluehorizon, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Window 10 recovery leaves some traces of previous installation which prevents installation...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Window 10 recovery leaves some traces of previous installation which prevents installation...

1. Window 10 recovery leaves some traces of previous installation which prevents installation... - Similar Threads - Window recovery leaves

2. previous window installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    previous window installation: im worried that deleting the previous window installations will delete my vacation photos. will it be okay if i clear this disc space without losing my photos? because i have no idea if it will or not. is it okay if i delete it i know nothing about what deleting these would...
  3. previous window installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    previous window installation: im worried that deleting the previous window installations will delete my vacation photos. will it be okay if i clear this disc space without losing my photos? because i have no idea if it will or not. is it okay if i delete it i know nothing about what deleting these would...
  4. Previous Windows Installations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previous Windows Installations: I have never run anything but Windows 10S on this computer. I'm trying to eliminate any unnecessary temporary files to have more storage free. Can I delete the 16.9G of "Previous Windows Installations?" that are showing up in my Temporary Files?...
  5. Previous Windows Installations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previous Windows Installations: Is it safe to uninstall / delete Previous windows Installations? will that Lag or Crash my Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windows-installations/bc954b2d-5488-4ca8-92f6-b7961b2e784a
  6. recovery of previous windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery of previous windows 10: parts of the display for recovery are missing under troubleshooting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-of-previous-windows-10/1e8bb539-8f0c-4374-8098-cf54e1e37f20
  7. previous windows installation

previous windows installation: is it safe to remove previous windows installations. Is there a way to find out what version of windows it refers to, or would it be safer to just back it up to a pen drive...
  8. Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.

Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.: I want to Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update. AVG suggest to install back its program to enable the Windows Update....
  9. Factory Reset leaves traces of previous users

Factory Reset leaves traces of previous users: I did a full Windows 10 Reset and loaned my machine to a Polish friend. When he returned it to me, I did a Full Windows reset including wiping the drive. When the machine finished the reset process, the first Windows 10 setup screen offered me English or Polski(Polish) as a...
  10. Which "Windows 10" to install

in Windows 10 Support
    Which "Windows 10" to install: Hello, Soon I intend to buy a new computer, I am a little confused about the operating system - which windows 10 to buy - home or pro (cost). Right now on my problematic old computer os is windows 10 pro. I use the computer at home, for internet, e-mail, some video and...