Windows 10: Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files

Discus and support Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Cannot find saved programs and support files after saving all files and then re-installing windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dougbierlein, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files

Cannot find saved programs and support files after saving all files and then re-installing windows

:)

dougbierlein, Feb 20, 2021

2. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link Windows Update: FAQ

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files

unable to save a file in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to save a file. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

Suggest you to save a file in notepad to test if that helps.

Close all open windows and restart the PC to login to another user account to test if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files

1. Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files - Similar Threads - Window Reload unable

2. Unable to save Program files to local Disk's Program Files/Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save Program files to local Disk's Program Files/Program Files x86: I am not exactly sure when the issue start but recently when I try and install any programs and save them to my Program files or Program files x86 I get an error message saying I do not have permissions. I am NOT trying to save documents to the folder or anything like that,...
  3. Programs always reload windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs always reload windows 10?: On my PC tabs reload every few seconds, as I have demonstrated in the video below. This also happens in full screen applications where it kicks me out. The bug exists only since today and windows has been installed a long time ago. Windows is up to date and all drivers...
  4. Windows 10 unable to find files

Windows 10 unable to find files: Windows 10 has recently ceased being able to find Adobe PDF files on my PC. I have reinstalled Acrobat DC and I can see the files listed on my PC. Windows however cannot. Very frustrating when many of these documents will be needed for ATO in another 3 weeks. Even more...
  5. Unable to Find the Installed Program on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Find the Installed Program on Windows 10: Hi, I have installed Visual Studio Express 2012 in my Windows 10 system for learning purposes. I have installed it correctly but I cannot find it. When I try to reinstall it says do you want to repair it or uninstall. That means the program is installed. I also looked in...
  6. reloading a program after 10 upgrade

reloading a program after 10 upgrade: Upgrading from windows 7 to 10. One of my programs has a file that was placed in the windows system folder and the windows/32 folder. How do I find the matching folders in windows 10....
  7. Windows 10 unable to save files

Windows 10 unable to save files: My Windows 10 doesn't want to save files, either new Word documents, bank downloads into quicken or newly created power-point. Unable to Save. File Not Found when I try "save as" Can anyone help?...
  8. Programs unable to save files in my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs unable to save files in my documents: Hello, I need help with my Windows machine. I have built my first custom PC, I first installed windows 10 without a key, later I bought a key for Windows 10 Pro and upgraded it. The problem I have is that some of my software can't work properly, because they are unable to...
  9. Unable to find old programs on Windows 10

Unable to find old programs on Windows 10: I have been given a new w10 Dell inspirion 15 for my BDAY , in setting it up next to my HP dv4 pavilion which also has W10 , I experienced the following; I immediately received a "launch pod or pad error message" , my old machine then would not open any of my programs and...
  10. Windows 10 Unable to save default programs for file extensions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Unable to save default programs for file extensions: I am trying to set Notepad++ as default program for .md files. (just an example, other filetypes also do not work) I tried to set the default program via the 'file properties dialog', the 'right click->open with dialog' and simply by double clicking the file (default app...