Windows 10: window 10. remove shadow from icons names on screen

Discus and support window 10. remove shadow from icons names on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; window 10. remove shadow from icons names on screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by talmazamir, Jan 10, 2019.

1. window 10. remove shadow from icons names on screen

window 10. remove shadow from icons names on screen

:)

talmazamir, Jan 10, 2019

2. Strange Shadow type Icon/Image Windows 10

Hi VidhuGour,

In order to help you with your concern about the strange shadow, icon or image on your Windows 10 screen, you may check and access the icon using the File Explorer of your Windows 10 PC. Follow these steps:

• Click the File Manager icon from the taskbar.
    • Click This PC.
    • Click the Desktop folder.
    • It should show you that strange desktop icon and its corresponding File name.

If it doesn't show, you may try changing your wallpaper into a darker type and see if the strange figure would still be there. If it is, then it might be a dead pixel that you currently have on your screen.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 10, 2019
  3. mykou Win User
    How remove shadows on Icon Titles on desktop in Windows 10???

Hi

I made a registry tweak ( see screens and had no pb to get rid of shadows )

AFTER

window 10. remove shadow from icons names on screen [​IMG]

BEFORE

path in regedit to tweak and change value from 1 to 0

Logoff needed to see changes

mykou, Jan 10, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

How remove shadows on Icon Titles on desktop in Windows 10???

The answer is from Seven forums tutorial: Yes the tutorial is for Win 7. I just tried it and it works on my Win 10 Home.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...adows-off.html

Go to Option Two.
    Step #2 > click the Download button and continue from step # 3 to step #7.
    Reboot afterwards.

davidhk, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. window 10. remove shadow from icons names on screen - Similar Threads - window remove shadow

2. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  3. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  4. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  5. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  7. Removing Icon Names

Removing Icon Names: I wanted to remove the icon names, after searching for a while I found about using the number pad, but I don't have a number pad to use, is there any other way to do so or is that the only one?...
  8. Removing Icon Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Icon Names: I wanted to remove the icon names, after searching for a while I found about using the number pad, but I don't have a number pad to use, is there any other way to do so or is that the only one?...
  9. removing desktop icon shadow

removing desktop icon shadow: This is a bug that Microsoft has protected for >5 years. "We are glad that you have chosen Windows 10. I can understand that you are facing some concern regarding personalization of your desktop. Please let me help you. July 2015" No Help at all. I never asked for a shadow...
  10. How remove shadows on Icon Titles on desktop in Windows 10???

How remove shadows on Icon Titles on desktop in Windows 10???: Please do not refer me to System/Advanced/Visual settings. I've removed every check mark in there referring to shadows and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has changed. These shadows are making me go blind. I absolutely cannot read them. Any suggestions that work would be greatly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icon names SHADOW