Windows 10: Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

Discus and support Window 10 Search app keeps crashing in Cortana to solve the problem; It's been a long month! Trying to figure out <what> the problem is, then trying to find solutions & trying each of them, once I narrowed it down to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sheila Faye, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

It's been a long month! Trying to figure out <what> the problem is, then trying to find solutions & trying each of them, once I narrowed it down to Windows Search app. I was getting a lot of errors and Windows Search functioning was getting buggier over time, to the point of nearly no search function, making it necessary to find work-arounds for all the suggested fixes I was finding.Nothing worked, so I spent over 8 hours in queue waiting for MS Tech Support 2 nights ago, and we did a repair-in-place install. Since then, Search is functioning nearly normally [for now]. However, it's

:)

Sheila Faye, Mar 7, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2022
  3. Photos apps keeps crashing

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the App troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, would like to inform to install any pending updates.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 7, 2022
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

1. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Window Search app

2. Windows Search keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search keeps crashing: Nothing major is happening problem wise, but I keep seeing this popping up in the Reliably Monitor, with some variants here and there:DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  3. Windows Search keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search keeps crashing: Nothing major is happening problem wise, but I keep seeing this popping up in the Reliably Monitor, with some variants here and there:DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  4. Windows Search keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.: Hi, My windows serach bar keeps crashing and I tried all the methods to fix my serach bar by restarting my computer, checking updates, restarting windows explorer or even resetting my pc. Howevedr otehr users on my pc were bale to type in the search bar but whenever I tried...
  6. Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.

Windows Search Bar keeps Crashing.: Hi, My windows serach bar keeps crashing and I tried all the methods to fix my serach bar by restarting my computer, checking updates, restarting windows explorer or even resetting my pc. Howevedr otehr users on my pc were bale to type in the search bar but whenever I tried...
  7. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Search app keeps crashing: It's been a long month! Trying to figure out <what> the problem is, then trying to find solutions & trying each of them, once I narrowed it down to Windows Search app. I was getting a lot of errors and Windows Search functioning was getting buggier over time, to the point of...
  8. Window 10 Search app keeps crashing

Window 10 Search app keeps crashing: It's been a long month! Trying to figure out <what> the problem is, then trying to find solutions & trying each of them, once I narrowed it down to Windows Search app. I was getting a lot of errors and Windows Search functioning was getting buggier over time, to the point of...
  9. windows 10 apps keep crashing

windows 10 apps keep crashing: For over a year now, my programs will start crashing. When they do, it shuts all of them off. Afterward, even settings are running out of whack. I run the windows store apps troubleshooter first. Most of the time, it will fix it on the first attempt. However, if it has...
  10. Windows 10 apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps keep crashing: My windows 10 apps (Mail, Help, Microsoft Store, etc.) all crash at launch. I can select one, say mail, the splash screen pops up and very briefly(~100ms) a white screen appears behind the app and then both close. I can never see the white screen as its just a flash behind...