Windows 10: Window 10 -- shut off too much of their intrusive datamining apps and you can't do updates...

Discus and support Window 10 -- shut off too much of their intrusive datamining apps and you can't do updates... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay, I know M$ will lock this discussion ASAP but I had to vent. Windows 10? Apparently WE serve IT. <-- always was M$ business model. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DexterIsMyHero, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Window 10 -- shut off too much of their intrusive datamining apps and you can't do updates...

Okay, I know M$ will lock this discussion ASAP but I had to vent.

Windows 10? Apparently WE serve IT. <-- always was M$ business model.

I have reinstalled my $200 win 10 pro 3 times now.

Every time I do, I go through everything and disable

all the intrusive M$ spyapps

And as soon as I do that? SUDDENLY

Cannot do updates

Cannot do backups.

And to make it workse, Backup sits there for 3 hours, progress meter incrementing

BUT ONLY WHEN IT STOPS does it inform me "backup failed"

And gives me some red herrings to google. Windows is spyware now. If it happens to be funtional

that's "a bug, not a feature"

And **** all you M$ shills. Anyone who has anything good to say is on the payroll.

:)

DexterIsMyHero, Jul 15, 2019
  2. OneMoar Win User

Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

sounds like some app or device not unloading cleanly
    @Kursah he said DURNING SHUT DOWN AND ONLY DURING SHUTDOWN
    none of your suggestions are relevant if thats true

open blue screen view and look at the top 5 or 10 entries that should give you a idea on what device is mis-behaving

OneMoar, Jul 15, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Window 10 -- shut off too much of their intrusive datamining apps and you can't do updates...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 -- shut off too much of their intrusive datamining apps and you can't do updates...

1. Window 10 -- shut off too much of their intrusive datamining apps and you can't do updates... - Similar Threads - Window shut off

2. How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?

in Cortana
    How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?: I have a Windows 10 PC where news has started appearing in the "Type here to search" task bar. How do I make it go away? I have looked into various settings, but no joy. There must be some way to turn it off right? But how? Thanks....
  3. How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?: I have a Windows 10 PC where news has started appearing in the "Type here to search" task bar. How do I make it go away? I have looked into various settings, but no joy. There must be some way to turn it off right? But how? Thanks....
  4. How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you change user permission so that I can't shut off the app process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you change user permission so that I can't shut off the app process?: Hi, I got an addiction and I have a program which blocks me from abusing it. As long as the program is running, it hinders me from relapsing. The problem is that I know how to turn the process of, I study computer engineering so going into task manager and changing properties...
  6. do you need much internet to download updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    do you need much internet to download updates?: please help me because i dont have much internet so im afraid that i will cannot download the newest update! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-need-much-internet-to-download-updates/9d4b4690-ddb9-4a69-a631-24c5a4f5f3cc
  7. take too much time to update window

take too much time to update window: take to much time to update window i try it from yesterday but till now it not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/take-too-much-time-to-update-window/1c3808a1-0c59-488f-b366-8b3448576019
  8. Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere: [img] [img] Bone empty. As of today, still no updates since about....Nov. 3. Just definition updates. Lately under Security & Maintenance it's been installing between 86 to 256 fixes & minor upgrades per day for the past 2 weeks or so. But lately it's been having a...
  9. Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk

Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk: The new big may update takes too much space on my disk. I tried to run cleaning and deleting files and applications that I don't need, but the disk is still 2/3 full. Also I noticed that it happens, that for few seconds the laptop freezes while I still can move the mouse, but...
  10. Display shuts off too soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display shuts off too soon: I have set my display to shut off after one hour but it shuts off after only three minutes. Any advice? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-shuts-off-too-soon/7d6b4fa0-8221-4148-aa87-8906f65ddb35