Windows 10: Window 10 touch keyboard display only bottom row of keys

Discus and support Window 10 touch keyboard display only bottom row of keys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When my touch keyboard comes up on the screen, It shows only the bottom row of keys. Strangely, the bottom row of keys is at the top of a transparent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A L 3, Jul 18, 2019.

1. A L 3 Win User

Window 10 touch keyboard display only bottom row of keys

When my touch keyboard comes up on the screen, It shows only the bottom row of keys. Strangely, the bottom row of keys is at the top of a transparent rectangle. I can move the rectangle anywhere on the screen by click hold and move. But I cannot move the bottom row of keys within the rectangle to go down and show the rest of the keyboard. This has not happen until recently. I suspect it is caused by a recent update of Windows 10. I am using on a Surface Pro.

How can I solve this or how to go back to the last version of touch keyboard?

:)

A L 3, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Touch Keyboard Issues after Updates

Hi,

It is possible that the settings of the touch keyboard is having an issue and that can be the reason why it flickers. As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend setting up the touch keyboard in "window mode" and change it back to "full screen mode"
    to refresh its settings. To do this, follow these steps:

• Access the touch keyboard.
    • On the upper left part of the touch keyboard, click the keyboard settings icon.
    • On the second row, select the second option.
    • Close the access the touch keyboard, and then re-open it.
    • Check if it will flicker. If it did not flicker, access the touch keyboard settings icon again.
    • On the second row, select the first option.
    • Close the access the touch keyboard again, and then re-open it.
    • Check if it will flicker.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Touch keyboard not working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the touch keyboard without any issues?

I would suggest you to check with the services again, there are a few dependency services that will need to be checked. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together, this will open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
    2. Type in ‘services.msc’ and press enter. This will open the ‘Services’ panel, in the list of services, find ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’.
    3. Right-click and select ‘Properties’. In the ‘General’ tab, change the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Start’.
    4. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab, expand the ‘Remote Procedure Call (RPC)’ and check the related services. You will find two services related to the ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’. Click on ‘Ok’, return to the ‘Services’
      window.
    5. Find the two services namely, ‘DCOM Server Process Launcher’ and ‘RPC Endpoint Mapper’. Start the services if they aren’t running and the ‘Startup type’ to automatic and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. Please check this link to ‘Open the touch keyboard’ and check if it works
      out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Window 10 touch keyboard display only bottom row of keys - Similar Threads - Window touch keyboard

2. How to dock the touch keyboard on the bottom of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to dock the touch keyboard on the bottom of the touch screen: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 11 Pro device, version 22H2, OS build 22621.1778. When open touch keyboard, it appears at anywhere and I can't dock it to the bottom of the screen. This makes so many inconveniences for me so how I can do to dock the touch keyboard. Thanks!...
  3. How to dock the touch keyboard on the bottom of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to dock the touch keyboard on the bottom of the touch screen: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 11 Pro device, version 22H2, OS build 22621.1778. When open touch keyboard, it appears at anywhere and I can't dock it to the bottom of the screen. This makes so many inconveniences for me so how I can do to dock the touch keyboard. Thanks!...
  4. A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!: the 2 w s d x caps lock f1 f6 and ctrl keys in my keyboard have stopped workingi was working fine a week ago but today it started to not work properly...
  5. A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A row of keys in my keyboard have stopped working!: the 2 w s d x caps lock f1 f6 and ctrl keys in my keyboard have stopped workingi was working fine a week ago but today it started to not work properly...
  6. Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays: As in the title, any time I select a field on one of my non-touch displays the touch keyboard is appearing there and cannot be placed on the main, touch screen display by default....
  7. Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays: As in the title, any time I select a field on one of my non-touch displays the touch keyboard is appearing there and cannot be placed on the main, touch screen display by default....
  8. Touch keyboard will not display keyboard on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch keyboard will not display keyboard on screen: The touch keyboard icon at the bottom of my screen taskbar? is visible. But when I click it nothing happens. Even though I do not have a touch screen monitor the touch keyboard has been displaying and I've used my mouse to type on it. But now it won't display on my monitor...
  9. Spades continually on bottom row in Freecell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spades continually on bottom row in Freecell: I've been noticing lately that for some reason, often almost all the spades are on the bottom row in Freecell games, and usually in some kind of order. Here are screen shots of the last three games I've played. This has been going on for a few days, and even though I only...
  10. Touch Keyboard doesn't display in 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Keyboard doesn't display in 1809: I upgraded to 1809 and the Touch Keyboard is failing to display. When I click the button the keyboard fails to display but the taskbar stops functioning. I have to ctrl-alt-del before any of the taskbar buttons will function. Including the start menu. I've tried checking...