Windows 10: Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Discus and support Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Team, Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work. I tried with safe mode with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RohitPanchalPanchal, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Hi Team,

Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work.

I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode...

Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe Mode with Networking.O

Here i re-enter the password and it doesn't work.

Please suggest...

:)

RohitPanchalPanchal, Nov 7, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Question about password in Safe Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you not able to login into the PC or the Microsoft Account using a browser?
    • Did you check in Safe mode with Networking?

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

Check if you are able to login by typing the password using on-screen keyboard by following the steps below:

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

After entering the password and before pressing Enter,
    click on the icon adjacent to where you typed the password and check if you have entered the right password.

Method 1: Boot your PC in Safe mode with networking
    by following the steps from the link below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.
    • Under Boot tab uncheck the Safe boot
      option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Method 2: If you are unable to login and is using Microsoft account to enter the user profile, I suggest you to use another PC to reset the password from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

1. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password - Similar Threads - Window unable login

2. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my computer will not start in a normal mode. Thereafter,...
  3. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  4. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  5. Can’t login even with correct password or run Safe Mode

Can’t login even with correct password or run Safe Mode: Hi,My Surface Book running Windows 10 was running perfectly fine until I received a windows notification that a scan disk was required this wasn’t in response to a pop up or other malware. When I restarted my system, drive C went through a disk scan and no errors or other...
  6. unable to login with correct password windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to login with correct password windows 10: Hi, Recently I bought lenovo IdeaPad 330S model. regularly updating the Microsoft software. After one of update, my login password not working, page stuck in aeroplane mode. Safe mode login tried several times, not useful. If I go to uninstall or restore or command prompt...
  7. Password stopped working. Can login to safe mode but not normal windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password stopped working. Can login to safe mode but not normal windows: For some reason my password just stopped working. It says my password is incorrect. I can login on safe mode using my nornal password but not normal mode. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/riruponpu [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to login in safe mode

Unable to login in safe mode: I used the Safe Mode in order to remove drivers. In this process I checked the option Boot in Safe Mode in msconfig. Now, when I am trying to login, the system says - incorrect password. I know that the password is correct. The system goes into Safe Mode each time when I am...
  9. Unable to boot Windows 10, normal or safe mode

Unable to boot Windows 10, normal or safe mode: This morning when I started my laptop, all I could see was the mouse pointer arrow on a black screen. I restarted the laptop, but it gets stuck at the spinning white dots. From what I have read, it seems like an issue related to the Nvidia driver. Here is what I have tried...
  10. Windows 10 stuck in Safe mode, Can't login with my correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck in Safe mode, Can't login with my correct password: So, I recently started having problems with the latest Nvidia graphics drivers, so i went to downgrade them until they sort out the issues, and upon restart of my PC I am in safe mode. It asks for a password, but I usually login with the 4 digit PIN. So, I go reset my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log in safemode unable to log in with normal mode

2. unable to login to windows 10 in safe mode