Windows 10: Window 10 unknown source issue

Discus and support Window 10 unknown source issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and have changed my unknown source to accept all apps so I can access on my fire stick. Though it says I have selected this option I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JWesson, Dec 22, 2018.

1. JWesson Win User

Window 10 unknown source issue

I have windows 10 and have changed my unknown source to accept all apps so I can access on my fire stick. Though it says I have selected this option I still cannot receive a download app to my fire stick.

:)

JWesson, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Window 10 unknown source issue [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Window 10 unknown source issue

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Window 10 unknown source issue

1. Window 10 unknown source issue - Similar Threads - Window unknown source

2. get apps from unknown sources, win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get apps from unknown sources, win11: i wish to download apps from unknown sourcesie play store ectnot interested in why i would want too please tell me how as i cannot download youtube from ms store and others...
  3. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  4. set default for downloading from unknown sources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    set default for downloading from unknown sources: I cant seem to find settings to enable apps from unknown sources https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-for-downloading-from-unknown-sources/71261c82-5436-49d7-8fa6-fbb5c6acca22
  5. Security Malware Unknown source

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security Malware Unknown source: While i was looking at my privacy settings i noticed that under some of the Microsoft Icons such as Office and Windows that instead of Microsoft Corp being listed under their Icon UNKNOWN was listed instead. This happened not long after i connected my iCLOUD account to my...
  6. "Enable Unknown Sources"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Enable Unknown Sources": I have a PC with Windows 10 version 1909. One of my objectives requires that I enable unknown sources temporarily. The instructions given to me require that I click on a command with those specific words. I can't find that switch or even similar words. My latest search...
  7. Error during scanning - Unknown source

in Windows 10 Support
    Error during scanning - Unknown source: I had just started the machine this morning and up popped an error message window. I've been unable to find the source or cause. I'm concerned it may be something bad so I haven't clicked it yet. [img] 145677
  8. unknown sources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown sources: I need to download a program for my buisness, but I need to turn off the setting that blocks the unknown source. I know the source, and it's safe, but I can't find the setting to turn the block off, Please help, I need to do this, like yesterday. Thank you for any help, I'm...
  9. Wake source unknown

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake source unknown: Hi forum hivemind, I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue with their labtop turn on while transported without a known cause. I've been to self help sites that have told me various solutions such as: Win 10: Command prompt/ powercfg -lastwake And it comes up with no...
  10. Unknown error source

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown error source: Hi there, I get this error every few days and I have no idea where it is coming from! I understand it is perhaps because I installed 32-bit software instead of 64? But I have no clue from what program it is coming from. Please see my attached screenshot for what I see. Any...