Windows 10: Window 10 Update 1809 issue - Computer dead

Discus and support Window 10 Update 1809 issue - Computer dead in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer just did a Microsoft Win 10 update for 1809 and now my computer is dead. Will not turn on at all. I have a Dell Alienware 51 R2. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TamiH1, Jan 28, 2019.

1. TamiH1 Win User

Window 10 Update 1809 issue - Computer dead

My computer just did a Microsoft Win 10 update for 1809 and now my computer is dead. Will not turn on at all. I have a Dell Alienware 51 R2. Help!

:)

TamiH1, Jan 28, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Window 10 Update 1809 issue - Computer dead

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

i cant say for sure what might be causing problems for those who are experiencing issues, but I figured it couldnt hurt to point this out to those who might not be aware of it, it is ONLY effecting Insider program members. as far as M$ has announced.

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop

jboydgolfer, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 Update 1809 issue - Computer dead

1. Window 10 Update 1809 issue - Computer dead - Similar Threads - Window Update 1809

2. Issue with a dead computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with a dead computer.: Hello, I went in to fix a fan in my laptop and I think I shorted out the thing because it will not power on. I scavenged the hard drive from the machine and hooked it to my desktop to try and take my data off of it, however a normal file system does not appear. All that is...
  3. Issue with a dead computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with a dead computer.: Hello, I went in to fix a fan in my laptop and I think I shorted out the thing because it will not power on. I scavenged the hard drive from the machine and hooked it to my desktop to try and take my data off of it, however a normal file system does not appear. All that is...
  4. Issue with a dead computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 1809 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 issue: Hi, In October 2018, I got an update of 1809 windows 10 version in my dell laptop inspiron 14R. It automatically updated to new update and asked me for restart for feature update. I finished my work and restarted my laptop. It finished installing updates and laptop switched...
  6. 1809 Update issues

1809 Update issues: Hello Microsoft and Community. i am experiencing a weird issue which i can't quite put my hands on. whenever i perform the 1809 update in an company environment. one specific user account on different computers(desktop or notebook) gets an black background instead of the...
  7. WIndows 10 1809 Culmative Update Issues

WIndows 10 1809 Culmative Update Issues: Hello, I have installed the Windows 10 1809 Update using the Windows Update Assistant. After updating when I went to windows update it shows me the following error: There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. 2018-11 Cumulative Update for...
  8. Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue

Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue: Ok, I want to start this post saying I am heated but trying not to let it get to me as to make an informative and purposeful post. This evening I updated to Windows version 1809. I had heard from a friend that they added a night theme and a couple other features i was...
  9. update issue in 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update issue in 1809: hi joydeep sir still today same issue cant do windows update in 1809 giving error message cant do windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-issue-in-1809/fc40ff57-eed1-4b4d-a65a-2838cbf679c8
  10. Windows 10 failed computer dead

Windows 10 failed computer dead: windows update failed. I’ve tried to go back to previous version it ask me for password then say its incorrect ive tried the pin and the password to microsoft account and still get incorrect password. This means i cant get to the command prompt to try any of the fixes, is...