Windows 10: Window 10 updates appears to be in a loop.

Discus and support Window 10 updates appears to be in a loop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is trying to download 9 separate updates at once. All are in "downloading" status, but none complete downloading. When computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RQ-What, Jan 18, 2019.

1. RQ-What Win User

Window 10 updates appears to be in a loop.

My computer is trying to download 9 separate updates at once. All are in "downloading" status, but none complete downloading. When computer is restarted or cold booted, everything is back in "downloading" status again. I used to be able to select an individual update to download and install, but I don't know how or if I can do that in Windows 10 Home (2015), 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

The following are the updates my computer is trying to download and install.

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January 2019 (KB890830)

2018-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4134663)

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4033631)

Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4051613)

2017-10 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4049179)

2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4041689)

Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172729)

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513)

I can't get any of these to finish download and start installing. All show the "downloading" status.

All else works fine with computer. Just "Update" is having a problem.

Please help. Thank you.

:)

RQ-What, Jan 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jan 18, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Window 10 updates appears to be in a loop. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Window 10 updates appears to be in a loop. - Similar Threads - Window updates appears

2. Windows 10 update STUCK in LOOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update STUCK in LOOP: Trying to do system update, as notified by microsoft, for hours now. Software is stuck in a loop saying “please wait” followed by “please wait while we install systen update” then black screen only to cycle though the same. Have tried removing battery, draining off residual...
  3. Windows 10 update loop

Windows 10 update loop: Hello, I'm currently stuck in a windows 10 update loop. Updating from version 1909 to 2004. It's been stuck like this on the "Restarting" screen for a while now and hasn't done anything else. Strangely enough my hard disk light is flickering, even though nothing is...
  4. Windows 10 update loop

Windows 10 update loop: Windows 10 attempting to recover installation recovery loop during update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-loop/338b88cf-ac03-4136-b24f-e93b0305930a
  5. windows 10 update endless loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 update endless loop: I have a surface pro I bought feb 2019 and have used very little. I also purchased Office but never entered the key. Windows 10 kept trying to update windows but it would always fail. The last time it started making update changes but then a small empty square with a white...
  6. Windows 10 may update not appearing

Windows 10 may update not appearing: Hi, yesterday I heard about the may update and installed/downloaded the latest patch. Today I was checking for updating the may update isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-may-update-not-appearing/273cda2e-e660-4320-818f-8981f0561cdb
  7. Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

Windows 10 update stuck in a loop: Turned my laptop on today and got the "Hi we have some updates for your PC" and now it is stuck doing that screen... this might take several minutes. Well it has been doing this for about 2 hours. How do I get to my desktop? And what steps do I need to take to see if the...
  8. Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

Windows 10 update stuck in a loop: Turned my laptop on today and got the "Hi we have some updates for your PC" and now it is stuck doing that screen... this might take several minutes blah, blah blah. Well it has been doing this for about 2 hours. How do I get to my desktop? And what steps do I need to take to...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Update Not Appearing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Fall Update Not Appearing?: Hi, I've been trying to update my laptop which is running Windows 10 Pro 32bit and when I try to update it via "Settings" and then "Updates" the Windows 10 Fall Update doesn't appear. I don't want to download the .ISO image of the Windows 10 Fall Update so how can I...
  10. Windows 10 Boot loop appearing twice

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot loop appearing twice: I don't know how to fix this issue, ever since I reinstalled my OS this issue appears everytime I boot into windows 10. I already reinstalled windows like 20 times, tried to fix it with automatic repair on boot. I also tried to turn fast startup off but it doesn't make any...