Windows 10: Window 10 v 1909 slow after update

Discus and support Window 10 v 1909 slow after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi... My window just update a few day ago and i notice my pc become slow all fo sudden,window explorer took to long to open and sometime it not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adieelias, Sep 18, 2020.

1. adieelias Win User

Window 10 v 1909 slow after update

Hi...

My window just update a few day ago and i notice my pc become slow all fo sudden,window explorer took to long to open and sometime it not responding,some software also have similar problem like google chrome and window settings.

I don't want to restore my pc and have to reinstall all of my software again,is there a way to fix this bug or problem with the update?is there anyone else have similar problem same as me?i also cant restore to previous version of window 10 because it say i have updated more than 10 day ago...

:)

adieelias, Sep 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Sep 18, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Window 10 v 1909 slow after update

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Window 10 v 1909 slow after update

1. Window 10 v 1909 slow after update - Similar Threads - Window 1909 slow

2. PC slowed down in startup after windows 10 update 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slowed down in startup after windows 10 update 1909: i noticed that my PC slowed down a lot in startup, when i open the PC after the windows logo finish showing on, the screen takes like 10-15 minutes to get me to start screen where i write my password or PIN, my pc was fine in the previous version, it opens in less than 15-20...
  3. windows 10 v 1903 & 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 v 1903 & 1909: trying to upgrade from v 1803 NEED WORKING DOWNLOAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-v-1903-1909/13a46393-7ae0-4e00-b31b-f31da989761a
  4. Windows 10 slow after updates to 1909 and KB4551762

Windows 10 slow after updates to 1909 and KB4551762: These were both installed successfully with no errors, however ordinary Windows actions like clicking on the Settings gear and opening one of the settings such as System are taking MUCH longer than they used to. Programs are also slower to load as is typing. Even things like...
  5. Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.: Not sure if this question has been asked before, so if it has I apologize. I have a new computer about a week old. Basic's on it are a 9700k processor, RTX 2080 Super, 16 gigs and an SSD that Windows is currently installed on. When I fist got the computer everything was...
  6. Windows 10 v.1909

Windows 10 v.1909: Just downloaded v1909 to my desktop. Error message: Cannot start MS Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The path specified for the file: c:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*** Email address is removed for privacy...
  7. Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!

Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!: I had recently upgraded to windows 10 before upgrading i was using windows 7 ultimate and was fine with it . After windows 7 ending support i finally decided to switch to Windows 10 . I wanted to see whether it was stable so i borrowed an old installation disk from one of my...
  8. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909: I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory usage changed from...
  9. Slow file transfer after windows 1909 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow file transfer after windows 1909 update: I have recently updated all the computers on my home network to Windows 1909. Before the upgrade I could transfer large >5GB files between my PCs at about 100MB/s. I do this a lot because of storing and processing home movies. After the 1909 upgrade file transfers over my...
  10. Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down

Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down: Hi, after the windows 10 update 1909 the shutdown is extremly slow. /dehade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1909-after-update-shutdown/0c9e04d9-d205-45a8-a069-0beb3655d97c