Windows 10: Window 10 WiFi not getting turned on

Discus and support Window 10 WiFi not getting turned on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My window 10 wifi is not getting turned on. I updated the driver as well as reinstalled it but no luck. I tried with external wifi driver as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vinsopasa, Dec 2, 2019.

1. vinsopasa Win User

Window 10 WiFi not getting turned on

My window 10 wifi is not getting turned on. I updated the driver as well as reinstalled it but no luck. I tried with external wifi driver as well. Initially it was working fine but after few days, it stopped working too. Please help me out.

:)

vinsopasa, Dec 2, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Window 10 WiFi not getting turned on [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Window 10 WiFi not getting turned on - Similar Threads - Window WiFi getting

2. Wifi not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not turning on: I've been clicking on my wifi icon but it's not switching on despite several clicking and troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-turning-on/d9e4d9b7-43c1-4fe5-93bb-f843d0c4b684
  3. Wifi not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi not turning on: I've been clicking on my wifi icon but it's not switching on despite several clicking and troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-turning-on/d9e4d9b7-43c1-4fe5-93bb-f843d0c4b684
  4. WiFi not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi not turning on: I am unable to turn on my WiFi, and whenever I click on the button it greys out and doesn’t do anything. The issue is identical to that described in this video. Unfortunately, I’m on a desktop not a laptop and, to my knowledge, do not have a WiFi key that would be causing...
  5. WiFi not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not turning on: I am unable to turn on my WiFi, and whenever I click on the button it greys out and doesn’t do anything. The issue is identical to that described in this video. Unfortunately, I’m on a desktop not a laptop and, to my knowledge, do not have a WiFi key that would be causing...
  6. Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10

Can't turn on wifi - Windows 10: Ever since I 'Upgraded' to windows 10 from 7 I've had a whole bunch of problems... most of which were corrupt files, bluescreens, etc, etc etc. I even had to take it to a tech shop. But after that, it still runs. But when I turned off the wifi for the day and when I got back...
  7. WiFi will not turn on

WiFi will not turn on: Starting the morning of Feb 2, 2021, the WiFi turned off and will not turn on. I have tried resets, new driver downloads, new Windows 10 download. The WIRELESS light is now on constantly, but still no WiFi connection. Computer: Sony VAIO, model SVE151D11L. Originally came...
  8. Wifi not turning on in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi not turning on in windows 10: My wifi is not turning on in windows 10 done every trouble shoot but still it is not working please help me in this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-turning-on-in-windows-10/3871040f-4589-405c-afb0-99ff0b261a60
  9. Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10

Wifi Not turning on in Windows 10: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to version 1809 and now my wifi is not working. It is turned off in settings and when I turn it on it automatically turns off again. I have tried running the troubleshooter, uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi driver but none seemed...
  10. wifi turns off and on randomly? windows 10

wifi turns off and on randomly? windows 10: when im playing a game or browsing forums my wifi turns off, but the icon says its at full bars and not having any issues. after a while it starts working again. could this be something related to RAM? thank you. this has not been happening with other devices only this...