Windows 10: Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in

Discus and support Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The administrator log in changed from auto to manual when windows auto updated on the 18/ january. I do not have the old password & windows will not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JezDamez, Jan 22, 2020.

1. JezDamez Win User

Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in

The administrator log in changed from auto to manual when windows auto updated on the 18/ january. I do not have the old password & windows will not allow ANY ACCESS. Even when restarting with shift key held down. Unable todo anything W/O password.

i need a way to get into my laptop. I have access to my microsoft account so I know the problem is confined to the laptop and its recent update.

does any one know how i can get around it and correct it.

:)

JezDamez, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows 10 wont accept my password for admin log in and cant reset it

Hi Norman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When you say, “log into my PC in admin mode” which admin mode are you referring?
    • When you say, “it wont accept any of my recent and changed passwords” what is the error message you are receiving?
    • Are you trying to login to the default admin account or to your administrator account on your computer?
    • Are you trying to sign in to a local account or a Microsoft account?
    • How many user accounts do you have in your computer?

I would suggest you to refer the articles on
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account
    and

Reset or recover your Microsoft account password

For additional information, see
    Reset your Windows 10 local account password

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 22, 2020
  4. freeboy Win User

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in - Similar Threads - Window accept Local

2. Log in and internet password not accepted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Log in and internet password not accepted: My laptop is not accepting my log in password a non d there is no option to reset. It says it is offline. I have tried connecting to the internet but it will not accept the security password either, I have double checked and it is the correct password....
  3. Log in and internet password not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in and internet password not accepted: My laptop is not accepting my log in password a non d there is no option to reset. It says it is offline. I have tried connecting to the internet but it will not accept the security password either, I have double checked and it is the correct password....
  4. My account password is not accepted when logging into local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account password is not accepted when logging into local account: After the latest windows update I can't login to my Lenovo laptop.I am trying to uninstall the latest quality update using the blue troubleshoot screen,but can't login using my correct password....
  5. My account password is not accepted when logging into local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account password is not accepted when logging into local account: After the latest windows update I can't login to my Lenovo laptop.I am trying to uninstall the latest quality update using the blue troubleshoot screen,but can't login using my correct password....
  6. My account password is not accepted when logging into local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Local admin account password - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local admin account password - Windows 10: Hi, my laptop suffers from occasional disk errors and I get into disk repair mode. I get asked for a password I assume admin and enter it successfully - job done? Not exactly, I can't figure out how to change this password as I can't see a password change option under account...
  8. W10Pro will not accept admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10Pro will not accept admin password: Enabled admin gave it a password Disabled me user 'tom" as admin and left me "tom" as only a user. Rebooted tried to log on as admin and W10Pro rejected the new Admin password. I can not perform any admin tasks now on this machine. Why would windows not accept the new...
  9. Windows 10 does not accept my admin password

Windows 10 does not accept my admin password: After windows 10 2004 Update, my computer Acer Predator G6 started to reboot periodically Kernel Power 41. I had similar issues after each update, so I changerd power options as the were offered as solution. That worked. After last update I went to registry and deleted...
  10. Windows 10 wont accept my password for admin log in and cant reset it

Windows 10 wont accept my password for admin log in and cant reset it: Went to log into my PC in admin mode and it wont accept any of my recent and changed passwords and I cant change it as it requests a disk that should have previously been set up. Running Win 10 home version 1909 OS Build 18363.476 Any help greatly appreciated Norman...