Windows 10: Window 10 will not dectect second monitor

Discus and support Window 10 will not dectect second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP pc has been working fine and using a plug and play monitor by Dell using a VGA to hdmi cable. It was working fine this afternoon and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by beverly_852, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Window 10 will not dectect second monitor

My HP pc has been working fine and using a plug and play monitor by Dell using a VGA to hdmi cable. It was working fine this afternoon and then it stopped working. The PC will not dectect the second monitor. I have checked cables. I have searched issues thru this online community to no avail.

There is no device drivers for this monitor. Can someone help me?

:)

beverly_852, Jan 7, 2020

2. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience caused to you with accessing the second monitor, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers.

As you have already tried to update the drivers and issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for second monitor and re0install them from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, contact the manufacturer's website and try to install those drivers for your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Window 10 will not dectect second monitor

issue with second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to download the display driver from the manufacturer's website. If there are no driver for windows 10, download the latest driver and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

After you have downloaded the driver:

a) Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

b) Select "Compatibility" Tab.

c) Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select the

appropriate operating system from the drop down list.

d) Let the driver install and then check the functionality

I would also suggest you to refer to the link below for steps to set up dual monitor in your system.

Connect a second monitor or projector (Applies to windows 10)

You can also refer to the suggestion by Karthik from this link
    for more information.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Window 10 will not dectect second monitor

1. Window 10 will not dectect second monitor - Similar Threads - Window dectect second

2. 2nd monitor not dectected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not dectected: Had to hook 1 monitor with HDMI to HDMI and the 2nd monitor HDMI to monitor and VGA to computer and the 2nd monitor will not detect it's self. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-dectected/f31554a9-36bb-4e9c-90fe-70ec44eb2a0b
  3. 2nd monitor not dectected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor not dectected: Had to hook 1 monitor with HDMI to HDMI and the 2nd monitor HDMI to monitor and VGA to computer and the 2nd monitor will not detect it's self. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-dectected/f31554a9-36bb-4e9c-90fe-70ec44eb2a0b
  4. Windows store app installed but not dectected

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store app installed but not dectected: I recently reformatted my c: drive, and reinstalledwindows. I left the data on my auxiliary drivers untouched. I have forza horizon4 installed on this other drive, but I am neither able to reinstall the game orhave the windows store recognise the game is downloaded. I was...
  5. windows 10 and second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 and second monitor: When i turn on my pc, the second monitor doesn't turn on unless i unplug it and plug it back in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-second-monitor/8bcb21fe-9fbb-42e7-b521-41523401674f
  6. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  7. Windows 10 second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 second monitor: Hello All, I seek guidance from Reddit the final frontier, I have been using 2 monitors with my computer for over a year. One is connected with HDMI the other through display port. The monitor i am connected to only has one HDMI input so sometimes i connect my PS4 pro through...
  8. Windows 10 Not Dectecting PS4 Controller at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Not Dectecting PS4 Controller at all: So after several hours on reading forum posts I have not found anyone with my problem specifically or how to fix it. I recently got a new computer and wanted to use a Dual Shock ps4 controller on it to play games. However, it seems windows isn't even detecting the controller...
  9. Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10: Hey so I just got a new computer, before I had windows 7 and everything worked fine. But with my new rig, the second monitor no longer displays. I've done a clean installation of my drivers but still nothing. Also tried windows key and P to select extend but again nothing has...
  10. Windows 10 and Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 and Second Monitor: Hi Ya, I have a noodle scratcher. I just purchased an Acer Monitor (R0 R240HY). It works great on my Raspberry Pi. I then tried it on my computer with Linux Mint, no problem. I then dual boot back to Windows 10, and for the life of me, can't get windows to detect that...