Windows 10: Window 10 - Windows Update and Windows Store not downloading

Discus and support Window 10 - Windows Update and Windows Store not downloading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have ran into this problem on a 2 builds now. Currently, I have a Dell M6800: I do a clean install of Windows 10 and all seems fine (Windows Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by natekelch, Sep 10, 2019.

1. natekelch Win User

Window 10 - Windows Update and Windows Store not downloading

I have ran into this problem on a 2 builds now. Currently, I have a Dell M6800: I do a clean install of Windows 10 and all seems fine (Windows Store will download and install apps and download and update apps). I've created a restore point at this point.

The problem seems to always come when running the first round of Windows Updates. First update will begin to download and install, but then updates will all read Downloading 0% and stay that way indefinitely - while at the same time the Windows Store will no longer download and install files either.

Stopped all firewall and antivirus - nothing

I have performed several attempts at fixing and none have worked:

I have ran troubleshooter for both Updates and Store - no problems found

I have restarted the laptop - nothing

I have stopped the update and BIT services, renamed SoftwareDistribution something else, restard those services - nothing.

SFC /scannow after Initial install comes back all good, once updates stop downloading SFC says their are error that could not be resolved.

Tried running the DISM RestorHealth - nothing

I am wondering if for some reason during initial set of Updates if a system file or registry is being corrupted.

Been banging my head on the wall for past couple of weeks.

:)

natekelch, Sep 10, 2019
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Sep 10, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Window 10 - Windows Update and Windows Store not downloading - Similar Threads - Window Update Store

2. Where is the downloaded update stored in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is the downloaded update stored in Windows 10?: I had downloaded Windows 11 but, suddenly the settings had closed and after opening it the update was restarted. I want the file of Windows 11 and if you can please tell me to how to manually install it. Android handles a update in a lot better way. Windows gave me the worst...
  3. Windows/Microsoft Store not updating/downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/Microsoft Store not updating/downloading: My windows update don't show anything but pending and my Microsoft Stores updates and downloads only show pending or occasionally says it's downloading however after a few hours it either doesn't download. Even the smallest of apps don't download and most of the time shows an...
  4. Windows 10 store downloads and windows updates

Windows 10 store downloads and windows updates: I can not download anything from the Windows store. I do not get any error message, it says starting download (for an hour now) but nothing happens. I'm on the internet ans can download using my browser. I decided to go to windows updates and see if I could check for up dates...
  5. Windows Update and Windows Store will not download updates.

Windows Update and Windows Store will not download updates.: I bought an Asus laptop in March and proceeded to install drivers and updates as needed for the hardware. Unfortunately I am unable to download anything from the Windows Update Tool and I cannot download any apps or update anything from the Windows update store. I've been to...
  6. Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download: I'm at a complete loss with this one. My system randomly stopped being able to access Windows Update, or download/update ANY apps from the Windows store whatsoever. I've also lost the ability to play Forza Horizon 4 as a result. If I try to manually check for updates, I get...
  7. Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download: I'm at a complete loss with this one. My system randomly stopped being able to access Windows Update, or download/update ANY apps from the Windows store whatsoever. I've also lost the ability to play Forza Horizon 4 as a result. If I try to manually check for updates, I get...
  8. Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working

Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working: It started a week or so after I updated to windows 1809. I've tried almost everything including clearing windows update cache and even resetted the laptop fully but it didn't fix it. Please help....
  9. Windows Store not Downloading Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store not Downloading Updates: I just upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from 8.1 a few days back, and the Windows Store is the only thing giving me issues at the moment. It shows the Progress Bar of the download but frequently it just stays at 0.0MB / ???? MB downloaded for the apps and doesn't move at all....
  10. Windows 10 Store not Downloading or updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Store not Downloading or updating: I get error code 0x80071AC3 when I try to download or update. I have currently 4 apps waiting. Tried resetting Store as administrator and also removing and reinstalling Store. No change. Facebook however DID update today! 87428