Windows 10: Window 10 won't except PIN or password

Discus and support Window 10 won't except PIN or password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Window 10 won't accept my PIN. Hold shift key reboot for command prompt, now it asks for microsoft password. Say's "incorrect password". But it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shorterstrang, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Window 10 won't except PIN or password

Window 10 won't accept my PIN. Hold shift key reboot for command prompt, now it asks for microsoft password. Say's "incorrect password". But it's correct. I even changed it and still no go.

Thanks

:)

shorterstrang, Apr 1, 2020

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Window 10 won't except PIN or password

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Window 10 won't except PIN or password

1. Window 10 won't except PIN or password - Similar Threads - Window won't except

2. My windows 10 pin is unavailable but in the trouble shooting passwords it won't except any...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My windows 10 pin is unavailable but in the trouble shooting passwords it won't except any...: Hi Microsoft teamWhen I enter my lockscreen it says my pin is unavailable But when I try to fix it though the command prompt section in the troubleshooting settings it says I need a password to access itHowever it won't except any password I put Into it even if it's clearly...
  3. My windows 10 pin is unavailable but in the trouble shooting passwords it won't except any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 pin is unavailable but in the trouble shooting passwords it won't except any...: Hi Microsoft teamWhen I enter my lockscreen it says my pin is unavailable But when I try to fix it though the command prompt section in the troubleshooting settings it says I need a password to access itHowever it won't except any password I put Into it even if it's clearly...
  4. My windows 10 pin is unavailable but in the trouble shooting passwords it won't except any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password: Trying to login to windows on my laptop. First says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. I click set up PIN and the Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Or You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  6. Windows 10 won't accept PIN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't accept PIN.: Hello. My computer Windows 10 hasn't been used for a while, and now won't accept my pin. The computer is not hooked up to the internet, and I am at a loss as to what to do. I've tried booting from a USB drive, but I can't get that to work either. Please help....
  7. Bitlocker will not except Alphanumeric pin/password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker will not except Alphanumeric pin/password: After a little help please I've got one laptop Acer Travelmate i5 10gen that will not take a Bitlocker pin with both letters and numbers I've just built the other 19 of a batch i'm doing fine, no dramas at all. This one though, i've ran out of ideas. DOne nothing...
  8. PIN & Password query - Windows 10

PIN & Password query - Windows 10: Hello & thanks in advance, This question follows on from a previous question I asked. Greg you helped me with that one - thank you. : That was about how I was getting a notification box coming up repeatedly. Nothing helped but thank you very much for trying Greg....
  9. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password: As title says, I booted Windows 10 in Safe Mode minimal. I know that PIN won't work, but even my Microsoft account password (which I recently changed to fix this) won't let me in. Booting in Safe Mode + Networking doesn't change anything. I also have the little globe with...
  10. Windows 10 forgot pin/password,

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forgot pin/password,: Windows 10 forgot pin/password, all of the answers "Locked" how do we unlock to get any help??? Understand Hackers may have access but why put on this site if we can use!!!...