Windows 10: Window 10 won't update

Discus and support Window 10 won't update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've attempted to upgrade Windows 10 1909 to 2004, but failed each time. Windows Update Assistant seems to function, but in the end I still have 1909.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephMorris, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Window 10 won't update

I've attempted to upgrade Windows 10 1909 to 2004, but failed each time. Windows Update Assistant seems to function, but in the end I still have 1909. No error messages and no other signs of trouble, just no update.

:)

StephMorris, Jun 8, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 8, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Window 10 won't update

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Window 10 won't update

1. Window 10 won't update - Similar Threads - Window won't update

2. Windows 10 won't update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't update.: So, I have an HP elitedisk 800 G1 Tower pc and windows 10 but I can't update my windows vesion to the latest one 22H2 My pc restarts but it prompts me to the choose windows boot because I have windows 7 Ultimate Installed on another hard drive. Is there a way to skip the...
  3. Windows 10 won't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't update: Split from this thread. Hi I have version 1709 with OS build 16299.19.I have not been able to upgrade either to the newest version of windows 10 or windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-update/b7f24a02-43f5-4b5d-b8f2-7ddbcfb034b9
  4. Window 10 won't update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 won't update.: I'm Frustrated. My windows 10 needs an update, I attempt to update but i get a message that reads. "What needs your attention, The following things need your attention to continue the installation and keep your windows settings, personal files, and apps. VirtualBox, Manually...
  5. Window 10 won't update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 won't update.: I'm Frustrated. My windows 10 needs an update, I attempt to update but i get a message that reads. "What needs your attention, The following things need your attention to continue the installation and keep your windows settings, personal files, and apps. VirtualBox, Manually...
  6. Windows 10 won't update

Windows 10 won't update: Can't update Windows 10. Error says, "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." After running troubleshooting, says the same thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-update/5b75c7f3-b25b-4891-9598-f0a106b84efe
  7. Windows 10 won't update

Windows 10 won't update: I tried switching to the Windows Insider Program a few days ago, but my computer isn't upgrading properly. I have been able to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909 OS build 18363.778. The problem now is that when I go to the Windows Update screen, I see a red...
  8. Windows 10 won't update.

Windows 10 won't update.: Recently,I wanted to updated my windows because I haven't update for a long time,when I was trying to update the windows keep saying the same message 'awating download/install' and sometime it give me an error message said 'Download error - 0x8024a206'.I been searching google...
  9. Windows 10 Update Won't Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Won't Update: *What*What*WhatMy Updates that show for my Windows 10 are the following: • Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.1973.0). • Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3054979) 64-Bit Edition. • Security Update for Internet Explorer...
  10. Windows 10 won't update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't update: I'm posting here to comply with instructions from zbook on this thread. Details of my dilemma are posted there. Let me know if you want them cut/pasted/posted here. My system information zip file is attached. 96663