Windows 10: Window 10's pushing on children having a microsoft account only proves microsoft's...

Discus and support Window 10's pushing on children having a microsoft account only proves microsoft's... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Disclaimer: I tagged this under "Security and privacy", because this is less focused on family, and more focused on what Microsoft is doing to invade... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LaneThePlane, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Window 10's pushing on children having a microsoft account only proves microsoft's...

Disclaimer: I tagged this under "Security and privacy", because this is less focused on family, and more focused on what Microsoft is doing to invade the privacy of your life, and the lives of your children.

Hello, everyone! I am setting up a computer for my mother's friend, and I had recently stumbled upon parental controls. She has a 7 year old ddoaughter, so parental controls are a must!

However, I was absolutely outraged to find out that you REQUIRE a microsoft account to use parental controls ON ANY ACCOUNT ON YOUR COMPUTER. What's even more DISGUSTING, is that THE CHILD. THE 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER apparently REQUIRES a microsoft account for parental controls to even work. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHY ON EARTH WOULD A 7 YEAR OLD NEED A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. WHY. Because of this, I had to use 2 hours of my time and DOWNGRADE (or really, upgrade) to windows 8. Parental controls work on a local account there.

The fact that a 7 year old needs a microsoft account really shows that Microsoft is trying to do, and from me, it is downright criminal. Stooping so low to spy on the most precious and the weakest among us, children.

Microsoft should be held accountable for this despicable business practice. Outright DISGUSTING. Spying on CHILDREN, just to make a few extra bucks.

I have no more words or ways to describe how outraged and sickened I am after discovering this. Unbelieveable!

This is downright WRONG, CREEPY, DISGUSTING, SHADY, SCUMMY, AND SHOULD BE CLASSIFIED AS CRIMINAL.

SHAME ON YOU, MICROSOFT! SHAME ON YOU!

-A Very Pissed Off Texan.

P.S., This is not directed at community support reps, manufactureres, or even the developers. This practice is the fault and plan of the executives, while you just follow company protocol. You are not at fault, and I have no ill will towards you.

(Comments? Concerns? "you're wrong blah blah"? Let me know, I'll always be happy to chime in.)

:)

LaneThePlane, Mar 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Family Safety Requires Children To Have A Microsoft Account?

I agree that young children shouldn't need email addresses in order to use Microsoft Family Safety (now known as "Microsoft Family).

For those of you who agree that this new requirement should be changed, you can let Microsoft know via my suggestion here at https://windows.uservoice.com/ . Microsoft uses uservoice.com to solicit feedback.

"Allow Windows 10 Family Safety account for children without an email
    address or credit card"

Currently, this suggestion has nearly 200 votes and is in the top 10 ideas for "Security, Privacy and Accounts". With more votes, hopefully Microsoft will notice.

Stefan Lasiewski, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Window 10's pushing on children having a microsoft account only proves microsoft's...

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Window 10's pushing on children having a microsoft account only proves microsoft's...

1. Window 10's pushing on children having a microsoft account only proves microsoft's... - Similar Threads - Window 10's pushing

2. Windows 10 KB5036979 pushes Microsoft account (direct download .msu)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5036979 pushes Microsoft account (direct download .msu): Windows 10 KB5036979 is rolling out to everyone, but it’s an optional patch that won’t download automatically. This update has a noteworthy change: it pushes against local accounts and nags you to use a Microsoft account. You can also directly download KB5036979 offline...
  3. Windows 10 KB5029331 pushes Microsoft accounts via the Start menu

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5029331 pushes Microsoft accounts via the Start menu: Windows 10 KB5029331 is now available as an optional update and comes with a few noteworthy changes, including a new ‘feature’ that pushes Microsoft accounts via the Start menu. The patch is available via Windows Update, but the tech giant has also published direct download...
  4. Can children sign out of their microsoft accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can children sign out of their microsoft accounts?: So i as a child have been stuck in a family setting and my dad ditched his email so now im not allowed on anything.Do you know how im supposed to leave the account or delete it or something....
  5. Can children sign out of their microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can children sign out of their microsoft accounts?: So i as a child have been stuck in a family setting and my dad ditched his email so now im not allowed on anything.Do you know how im supposed to leave the account or delete it or something....
  6. Can children sign out of their microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft is seriously pushing it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is seriously pushing it...: I appreciate that this is a community of volunteers helping support those of us in need because Microsoft can't even have the courtesy of providing its customers with a complaint site to vent our frustrations. I can understand why there isn't a complaint site because it would...
  8. Children shouldn’t have email accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Children shouldn’t have email accounts: My five year old wants to have her very own account on my computer. I tried to set one up for her and cant find a way to do so without creating an email account. Allow me to reiterate that she is FIVE. She wants to be able to have her own background and play games that she...
  9. Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge will come to an end for consumers and businesses in the coming months. In January, Microsoft announced that Chromium Edge will replace the classic Edge, which uses Microsoft’s own EdgeHTML to render pages, and Microsoft recently...
  10. Microsoft nuisance Push

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft nuisance Push: Twice now I've had my laptop (less than a year old) down and unable to use due to Microsoft push. First time was an update which ironically was meant to 'make it easier to use'. Couldn't open the system at all and took a few days and a download from a technician to a friend's...