Windows 10: window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2

Discus and support window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello, im using window 11 but when i install new ssd, window can't boot with error " an operating system wasn't found. all of my disk are list in bios,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 09b, Nov 28, 2021.

1. 09B
    09b Win User

window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2

hello, im using window 11 but when i install new ssd, window can't boot with error " an operating system wasn't found. all of my disk are list in bios, i try chosse disk with window to boot but it doesn't work. but when i remove new ssd, everything work fine. already try with window 10 and it work too so i think it's win 11 problem. can u guy help me pls.

:)

2. shminkie Win User

M2 NVME SSD

So you think it truly is worth it to have windows installed on an M2 NVME SSD instead of installing it on a sata-600 ssd and installing your most important software on the M2 NVME SSD ?

shminkie, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Nov 28, 2021
  4. shminkie Win User

M2 NVME SSD

How much exactly does Windows 10 benefit from being installed on an M2 NVME SSD compared to a SATA-600 SSD ?

Other than a faster boot time, how exactly does windows benefit from the direct connection to the cpu that an NVME SSD offers?

shminkie, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2 - Similar Threads - window can't boot

2. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  3. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  4. PC won't boot after I installed new M2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot after I installed new M2 SSD: Hello, I've recently acquired an Nvme SSD, I never had one before, I only have 2 HDD 500gb each and Win10 is installed in one of them. Anyway, so as soon as I installed the ssd and attempted to boot the Pc, it didn't launch.I tried removing all Usb cables connected, tried to...
  5. PC won't boot after I installed new M2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't boot after I installed new M2 SSD: Hello, I've recently acquired an Nvme SSD, I never had one before, I only have 2 HDD 500gb each and Win10 is installed in one of them. Anyway, so as soon as I installed the ssd and attempted to boot the Pc, it didn't launch.I tried removing all Usb cables connected, tried to...
  6. PC won't boot after I installed new M2 SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2: hello, im using window 11 but when i install new ssd, window can't boot with error " an operating system wasn't found. all of my disk are list in bios, i try chosse disk with window to boot but it doesn't work. but when i remove new ssd, everything work fine. already try with...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't boot after installing an M2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after installing an M2 SSD: Hi, This has me pulling my hair out for the past two days. My basic setup is this: Asus X470 Prime Pro, 1 x 500 GB Samsung SSD, 1 x 250GB Samsung SSD, 1 x 1TB WD HDD. Windows was installed on the 250GB SSD and all was good in the world. Last week I got a 1TB Kingston M2 SSD...
  9. New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help: Hi all, I have bought a new M2.SSD. I have used Macrium reflect softwer to clone my SSD to My new M2.SSD,I have cloned all the partitions but unfortunately My PC won't boot up I Have change it on The Bios and selected as first drive to boot from but still won't boot As...
  10. Booting From M2.SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Booting From M2.SSD: I'm totally confused on this, as I'm old school computers and not this new stuff that is out there. Here's what I know. HP told me that with my Z220 Workstation that if I upgrade the BIOS that I could boot from an M2 SSD. So tonight I looked at my BIOS and saw all my drives...