Windows 10: Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast

Discus and support Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,In window 10, I can connect the Google chromecast through the mobile hotspot by my iPhone, but I can’t do this in window 11. It seems my iPhone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edmond1233, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast

Hi,In window 10, I can connect the Google chromecast through the mobile hotspot by my iPhone, but I can’t do this in window 11. It seems my iPhone and chromecast can’t communicate together in window 11 hotspot.Anybody can help?Thanks!Edmond

:)

Edmond1233, Aug 6, 2022

2. IP conflict with Chromecast and Windows 10 Hotspot

Over the summer, I got brand new 2nd gen Chromecast to watch Hulu and other content from Youtube from my TV screen. It was no issue at first for the first few months.

A month ago, I received a new TV montior to plug in my Chromecast and while it worked there the first time, from there I could not connect my Chromecast to my Windows 10 hotspot, which is connected to my
    DOCSIS modem through ethernet cable. I knew for certain this wasn't a monitor or Chromecast issue because when I set it back to my old TV monitor, the Chromecast
    still could not connect to the hotspot, and neither could my Android phone that I use to connect Chromecast to the network. I have followed many methods displayed in the Microsoft forum for situations like this. One of them including, enable
    internet connecting sharing on the Ethernet port. CHECK. Flushing DNS. Check. Entering in new network credentials for the hotspot.
    CHECK. Resetting the Chromecast. CHECK. Resetting network settings on my computer.
    CHECK. Went to check my command prompt and noticed my hotspot had a private IP address (192.x) configured with no gateway whatsoever. So, I went to the adapter settings on LAC*12 (hotspot virtual adapter) and changed it from
    DHCP to Static
    , and gave my hotspot an IP address and gateway in the same subnet as my Computer and Ethernet (76.x.x.x). That static configuration, and a
    manual configuration helped me to connect my Android to the hotspot from there, but Chromecast couldn't connect because it had the private IP address that wasn't in the same subnet as my new Hotspot address/gateway. I can't change that on the
    Chromecast, and I can't change the hotspot's settings to match the Chromecast
    without losing its connection from the computer
    and I cannot change the other two on the ethernet without losing my connection altogether. It seems here I am stuck in a maze with no open window to it. I know this seems like a lot of information to
    read here, but the main issue is trying to get the Chromecast and mobile devices to connect to my Windows 10 hotspot, which is connected to my cable modem.

Please help.....

-Andrew

PS: And why am I getting two IPs in the same Hotspot router when I know it only works with one?

brainatron2910, Aug 6, 2022
  3. lorraine walsh, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast

Google Chromecast Compatibility

Hi Raven,

We apologies for the misunderstanding about the Google Chrome cast device.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below to set up Chromecast and check if it helps.

Set Up Chromecast

Set up your Chromecast device (3rd gen or older) - Android - Chromecast Help

If you still face the issue you can contact the Chrome cast help Center at the link given below.

Welcome to the Chromecast Help Center

Choose a device below to get started in the Help Center - Chromecast Help#

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast

1. Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast - Similar Threads - Window hotspot Chromecast

2. Chromecast no long working from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chromecast no long working from Windows 11: Not sure exactly which update broke this, but I can no longer cast to my google speakers from any Windows app. Spotify's desktop app is my main use-case.Until a month or so ago I had no problem casting from my Windows 11 desktop to Google speakers on the same network.Now when...
  3. Chromecast no long working from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chromecast no long working from Windows 11: Not sure exactly which update broke this, but I can no longer cast to my google speakers from any Windows app. Spotify's desktop app is my main use-case.Until a month or so ago I had no problem casting from my Windows 11 desktop to Google speakers on the same network.Now when...
  4. how to set up connectivity hotspot for chromecast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set up connectivity hotspot for chromecast: Hello, how do I set up a Connectivity hot spot for use with Chromecast on my laptop with windows 7? I am in a hotel that's using a 2.4GHz WiFi and using a 1st generation Chromecast device and my TracFone does not allow me to set up a hotspot...
  5. how to set up connectivity hotspot for chromecast

how to set up connectivity hotspot for chromecast: Hello, how do I set up a Connectivity hot spot for use with Chromecast on my laptop with windows 7? I am in a hotel that's using a 2.4GHz WiFi and using a 1st generation Chromecast device and my TracFone does not allow me to set up a hotspot...
  6. Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast: Hi,In window 10, I can connect the Google chromecast through the mobile hotspot by my iPhone, but I can’t do this in window 11. It seems my iPhone and chromecast can’t communicate together in window 11 hotspot.Anybody can help?Thanks!Edmond...
  7. ChromeCast app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ChromeCast app: I just recently bought the ChromeCast app on my laptop and my Oculus Quest isn't able to see it on its casting list. I just wanna know if this app is compatible with VR and if so, then it must be my headset....
  8. IP conflict with Chromecast and Windows 10 Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP conflict with Chromecast and Windows 10 Hotspot: Over the summer, I got brand new 2nd gen Chromecast to watch Hulu and other content from Youtube from my TV screen. It was no issue at first for the first few months. A month ago, I received a new TV montior to plug in my Chromecast and while it worked there the first time,...
  9. Chromecast

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromecast: I bought a Chromecast and plugged it into my television and can see Chromecast and the number behind it. Now I go to the Chrome Web Store and I do not see anywhere the chromecast icon. This is very frustrating because in the past I had no problems setting up chromecast on my...
  10. chromecast

chromecast: Why won't my chromecast stream to my tv , except occasionally ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/chromecast/9d7f4ae9-cfa8-41b7-b4e7-fcc3984c8159