Windows 10: Window 11 installs English language kayboard layout automatically

Discus and support Window 11 installs English language kayboard layout automatically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,A month ago, I installed Windows 11 and chose "English Canada" as the primary language. After a day, I saw two language keyboard layouts in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SalehBagheri, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Window 11 installs English language kayboard layout automatically

Hi,A month ago, I installed Windows 11 and chose "English Canada" as the primary language. After a day, I saw two language keyboard layouts in the taskbar: "English Canada and English US". But, when I went to Language Settings, I couldn't find "English US" as an installed language in the list. I added it by myself and then removed it. Again after a day, I saw the "English US" installed on my PC. I removed it a couple of times but it was installed again. Please help!

:)

SalehBagheri, Feb 8, 2023
  2. Lekden Win User

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Feb 8, 2023
  3. How to prevent Windows 10 from changing keyboard language layout?

I want to prevent Windows 10 from automatically changing my keyboard language layout.

I have both English and Spanish language setup on Windows, but I want to keep JUST the Spanish keyboard layout. Windows 10 keep 'updating' and adding the English keyboard layout.

I find I need to go to Language settings and manually removing the English keyboard layout and adding the Spanish keyboard layout under the Enlglish language settings.

I simply wantto STOP this.

All the resources I have found refer to the previous Windows 10 version before the update.

It is impossible to follow those steps after having the Windows 10 Creator´s Update installed.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Best regards.

Enrique Camou, Feb 8, 2023
  4. Window 11 installs English language kayboard layout automatically

Windows 10 English / US language problem

Hi,

Thank you for updating on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on Start and navigate to
    Control Panel
    > Languages.

2. Click on Add a language and select English (United Kingdom) under English.

3. To make this language your display language, move it to the top of your language list.

4. Click Options next to the English (United Kingdom)
    language that you added.

5. Choose Add an input method and select English (United Kingdom)
    language and Add.

6. Log off and then log back on to Windows for the change to take effect.

7. Press Windows logo key + Space bar to display the keyboard layouts, select the language for the keyboard

layout from list and see whether the keyboard layout changes instantly.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

Window 11 installs English language kayboard layout automatically

1. Window 11 installs English language kayboard layout automatically - Similar Threads - Window installs English

2. Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed: Hello,I am reaching out to you with a problem I've encountered while operating on Windows 11. I've noticed that every time I launch certain games or applications, my system automatically adds the English US keyboard layout, even if it wasn't previously installed. This causes...
  3. Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic addition of English US keyboard layout in Windows 11: Assistance needed: Hello,I am reaching out to you with a problem I've encountered while operating on Windows 11. I've noticed that every time I launch certain games or applications, my system automatically adds the English US keyboard layout, even if it wasn't previously installed. This causes...
  4. Window 11 installs English language kayboard layout automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 installs English language kayboard layout automatically: Hi,A month ago, I installed Windows 11 and chose "English Canada" as the primary language. After a day, I saw two language keyboard layouts in the taskbar: "English Canada and English US". But, when I went to Language Settings, I couldn't find "English US" as an installed...
  5. English language settings for Windows 11 single language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English language settings for Windows 11 single language: I contacted you but got no response so I asked the question again.To install Vietnamese for windows 11 single language, you instructed me to clean up windows 11 by downloading the ISO template of Windows 11 but I don't see the Vietnamese language there.Here's the link you...
  6. English language settings for Windows 11 single language

English language settings for Windows 11 single language: I contacted you but got no response so I asked the question again.To install Vietnamese for windows 11 single language, you instructed me to clean up windows 11 by downloading the ISO template of Windows 11 but I don't see the Vietnamese language there.Here's the link you...
  7. Windows 11 widgets language not in english

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 widgets language not in english: Hi, Windows 11 has a new widgets feature, but it shows all of the info in some other language. I changed my display language to English again and I changed my language in personalize your interests to English, but that doesn't work. How do I change my language?Thanks...
  8. Windows 11 widgets language not in english

Windows 11 widgets language not in english: Hi, Windows 11 has a new widgets feature, but it shows all of the info in some other language. I changed my display language to English again and I changed my language in personalize your interests to English, but that doesn't work. How do I change my language?Thanks...
  9. Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.: I have 3 layouts that I NEED: Czech, Russian, and French. I can type all the English I need via either Czech or French keyboards, I don't need an extra English one in all this mess. But I want my system in English, not French or Czech. Is it Possible?...
  10. Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.: Hello, Help me to learn how to set my keyboard, to use English keys but type Russian. I mean, set in such a way, when English letter "R" = Russian letter "Р" ***Changed Original Title From: Keyboard***...