Windows 10: Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

Discus and support Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesH., Jan 10, 2022.

1. JamesH. Win User

Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to be away from the computer for a while before it will happen, and I believe it has something to do with me running dual monitors. When I wake my computer, my secondary monitor appears to come up faster than my primary by just a fraction. Once my primary is on, there is a message saying something about the taskbar already being hidden I think and the taskbar on my primary monitor has the taskbar up. When I go to Taskbar Behaviors, 'Automati

:)

JamesH., Jan 10, 2022

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 10, 2022
  3. Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2022
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Auto Hide Taskbar Not hiding Windows 10

Hi Peter,

It looks like you're having problems with the auto-hide feature of your taskbar. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did you start experiencing the problem?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried to turn on and off the auto-hide feature, and see if it helps?
    • Have you tried turning on the auto-hide function without any apps opened on the taskbar?

Also, make sure that there are notifications from apps whether on the taskbar or on the system tray that requires your attention, and need to be checked. This is also one of the reasons why the taskbar doesn't automatically hide.

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off - Similar Threads - Window taskbar auto

2. My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off: In Windows 11, on my Inspiron laptop, my taskbar is auto hiding even though the auto hide setting is set to no. What I've tried so far:- Update windows fully up to date- set auto hide and unset it- restarted my laptop multiple times- opened Task Manager and restarted Windows...
  3. My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off: In Windows 11, on my Inspiron laptop, my taskbar is auto hiding even though the auto hide setting is set to no. What I've tried so far:- Update windows fully up to date- set auto hide and unset it- restarted my laptop multiple times- opened Task Manager and restarted Windows...
  4. Auto-Hide taskbar turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-Hide taskbar turns itself on: After ticking off the box it just turns itself back on. How do I keep the taskbar not hidden? submitted by /u/Epiqur [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wckm92/autohide_taskbar_turns_itself_on/
  5. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: Split from this thread.I am having the opposite problem. I have turned off the auto-hide feature of the taskbar SEVERAL times. Every time the computer goes to sleep or reboots, the function turns itself back on in the settings....
  6. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: Split from this thread.I am having the opposite problem. I have turned off the auto-hide feature of the taskbar SEVERAL times. Every time the computer goes to sleep or reboots, the function turns itself back on in the settings....
  7. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to be away from the computer for a while before it will happen, and I believe it has something to do with me running dual...
  8. Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...: I do not want to hide my task bar. All I can find are issues about it not hiding. I go into the task bar properties and turn off Auto Hide, but after a while it is back on again. Any suggestions? 56085
  9. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, the taskbar is located at the bottom of your screen(s) in Windows. You can set to auto-hide...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowss disables auto hide taskbar in sleep