Windows 10: Window 11 Taskbar size

Discus and support Window 11 Taskbar size in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11. However, the taskbar size is too small, and I have followed various methods to fix it but to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Om parkash1, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Window 11 Taskbar size

Hello! I recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11. However, the taskbar size is too small, and I have followed various methods to fix it but to no avail. Can you please help me fix this issue?

:)

Om parkash1, Mar 2, 2024
  2. sharonVJ Win User

Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

• Just updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11.
    • The taskbar icons are TWICE the size of the taskbar icons in Windows 10
    • Nothing in settings to reduce the size.
    • Googled and apparently I'm not the only one not happy that the small taskbar icons in Windows 10 have been removed in Windows 11
    • Is Microsoft going to reinstate the small taskbar icons?
    If the small taskbar icons, as in Windows 10, aren't going to be reinstated - Can I roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 Pro (note Windows 10 PRO)?

Thank you.

sharonVJ, Mar 2, 2024
  3. jacsdad Win User
    Taskbar icon size

When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small.

After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert ( ), that, in five steps, resolved the issue. This made the icons about the same size as small desktop icons (Ctrl+Shift+4). This was perfect and I have been quited satisfied with Windows 11 ever since.

Resize icons on taskbar:

1. Location in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    2. Click New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value
    3. Set the name of the DWORD Value as “TaskbarSi” and hit the Enter key to save changes.
    4. Large taskbar – TaskbarSi value 2
    5. Restart Windows Explorer

Since applying 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022913), the icons have reverted tom the original small size, so again, they are difficult to interpret quickly. I have removed the TaskbarSI from the registry and restarted Windows Explorer, the went through the steps above (adding TaskbarSi back), to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this and are there any known tweaks that will restore the icons to their larger size.

jacsdad, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Window 11 Taskbar size

How is Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11

How is Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11

allwindows apps, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Window 11 Taskbar size

1. Window 11 Taskbar size - Similar Threads - Window Taskbar size

2. Window 11 Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 Taskbar size: Hello! I recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11. However, the taskbar size is too small, and I have followed various methods to fix it but to no avail. Can you please help me fix this issue?...
  3. Taskbar size win 11

Taskbar size win 11: How do I make the taskbar larger in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-size-win-11/08f9fe3b-bffa-4953-9a4d-3412508cd620
  4. Taskbar size win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar size win 11: How do I make the taskbar larger in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-size-win-11/08f9fe3b-bffa-4953-9a4d-3412508cd620
  5. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  6. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  7. Increase size of clock on taskbar Windows 11

Increase size of clock on taskbar Windows 11: Hi!I upgraded from Win10 to Win11 today and I am having a massive problem reading my clock on the taskbar as it is too small. I have increased the size of icons and the taskbar as a whole using the registry, however this has done very little in increasing the size of the...
  8. Windows 11 Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar size: The first thing I do when I get a new PC is to adjust the screen settings to have small icons in the taskbar and menu. So I did too when Windows 11 got installed this week. But despite using the Regedit tweak to choose small taskbar icons, it is still huge. When can I stop it...
  9. Windows 11 Taskbar size

Windows 11 Taskbar size: The first thing I do when I get a new PC is to adjust the screen settings to have small icons in the taskbar and menu. So I did too when Windows 11 got installed this week. But despite using the Regedit tweak to choose small taskbar icons, it is still huge. When can I stop it...
  10. How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size: The current development version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has changed the taskbar and the provided customization options significantly. If you prefer a smaller taskbar size, you may have noticed that the option to use small taskbar buttons that exists in...