Windows 10: Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?!

Discus and support Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For all my years using Windows I have much preferred having my Taskbar aligned vertically. I almost never need to left/right scroll because almost all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JSFEcho, Nov 11, 2021.

1. JSFEcho Win User

Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?!

For all my years using Windows I have much preferred having my Taskbar aligned vertically. I almost never need to left/right scroll because almost all views are much narrower than my screen Window 11 took away that option. Now I've lost vertical space and have to scroll vertically more often carpal tunnel much!. Microsoft, put the option to have the Taskbar in a more optimal vertical orientation. You are acting like Apple! Thanks for the Windows downdate.

:)

JSFEcho, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Nov 11, 2021
  3. shubhamFormat, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?!

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?!

1. Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?! - Similar Threads - Window Vertical Taskbar

2. Windows 11 wifi option GONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wifi option GONE: Windows 11 system gaming pc. We are having issues with wifi not even showing as an option. We have had no issues since July when we got pc then last week wifi disappeared. I have spent hours and even had remote Microsoft assistance yesterday. I've done a system reset....
  3. Windows 11 wifi option GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wifi option GONE: Windows 11 system gaming pc. We are having issues with wifi not even showing as an option. We have had no issues since July when we got pc then last week wifi disappeared. I have spent hours and even had remote Microsoft assistance yesterday. I've done a system reset....
  4. Window 11 Taskbar icon Vertical Alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Taskbar icon Vertical Alignment: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation and the Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons on the taskbar is showing on the button as showed on the screenshot, I want to change the alignment to center.My Question is:How to change the vertical...
  5. Window 11 Taskbar icon Vertical Alignment

Window 11 Taskbar icon Vertical Alignment: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation and the Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons on the taskbar is showing on the button as showed on the screenshot, I want to change the alignment to center.My Question is:How to change the vertical...
  6. Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Taskbar Windows 11: When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide screen display! That is the first thing I tried to do when I logged in for the first time.This is a deal breaker.I am reverting...
  7. Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

Vertical Taskbar Windows 11: When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide screen display! That is the first thing I tried to do when I logged in for the first time.This is a deal breaker.I am reverting...
  8. Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?!

Window 11 - Vertical Taskbar Option Gone - Really?!?!?!: For all my years using Windows I have much preferred having my Taskbar aligned vertically. I almost never need to left/right scroll because almost all views are much narrower than my screen Window 11 took away that option. Now I've lost vertical space and have to scroll...
  9. Is there really going to be no option to move the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there really going to be no option to move the taskbar?: Removing the movable taskbar is a terrible idea and will block me from upgrading to Windows 11.The case for the movable taskbarI exclusively use laptops, so I don't have a lot of screen height, most laptops are 16:9these days which means you get way more width than is needed...
  10. Is there really going to be no option to move the taskbar?

Is there really going to be no option to move the taskbar?: Removing the movable taskbar is a terrible idea and will block me from upgrading to Windows 11.The case for the movable taskbarI exclusively use laptops, so I don't have a lot of screen height, most laptops are 16:9these days which means you get way more width than is needed...