Windows 10: window 1909 update PC will not boot

Discus and support window 1909 update PC will not boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after a recent 1909 update done on 6/15, my PC will not boot. Last update done on 5/26 was successful. I have created a boot usb and have tried all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RogerShipman1, Jun 16, 2020.

1. window 1909 update PC will not boot

after a recent 1909 update done on 6/15, my PC will not boot. Last update done on 5/26 was successful. I have created a boot usb and have tried all

the things in the problems reported, but nothing gets past this boot issue.

I do have an old backup on a second internal drive that I can boot up and then get access to files on the corrupted Windows drive. Is there any way

around this issue? I really don't want to start with my old SATA drive with 1903 version from a few years ago.

Thanks

:)

RogerShipman1, Jun 16, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 16, 2020
  4. window 1909 update PC will not boot

Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

window 1909 update PC will not boot

1. window 1909 update PC will not boot - Similar Threads - window 1909 update

2. Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc: After getting on my PC this morning after an update last night, I noticed my audio was no longer working. Weirdly enough I cannot fix it even after forcing windows audio services to restart multiple times. All my drivers are working correctly. I also cannot open my documents...
  3. No boot after W10 update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot after W10 update 1909: I have just attempted to update my spare computer to the latest window 10 update, now it fails to boot. There is power on and the disc and DVD drive leds light then it just stops there is no video so I can't boot into safe mode. All was working well until the update with no...
  4. Windows 1909 PC update will not start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1909 PC update will not start: After a recent 1909 update on 06/18, my PC won't start. The last update was successful. I get a dark screen with the Windows square blue and underneath that the dotted circles that rotate a bit, then stop all together. I can wait hours and nothing happens I have created a...
  5. Windows 10 Feature 1909 Update - Computer No Longer Boots

Windows 10 Feature 1909 Update - Computer No Longer Boots: Anyone up to the challenge? So far, no one has been able to resolve the issue created by Microsoft's Windows 10 Feature Update 1909. In a nutshell, my computer WILL NOT BOOT! Tired of the "playbook" advisors who simply cannot understand the problem, and give me "playbook"...
  6. Computer won't boot after 1909 update

Computer won't boot after 1909 update: Got a notice today that my current version 1809 was nearing end of service and that i should restart and install the new update. I'd been holding off because i tried the update before and it wouldnt boot, at first, that time either but, after a few restarts, it did finally...
  7. Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen

Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen: I am trying to update my laptop to the 1909 update and when it finishes installing it get stuck on the manufacturer logo screen and doesn't boot. it's the 4th time I try to install it and nothing, I tried installing it with the windows update option, downloading it with the...
  8. Windows Update 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update 1909: After my laptop updated to the Windows 10 version 1909, I no longer had the calendar app that comes on the other versions of Windows 10. Is there any way that I can download that app, so that I can reinstall it on my laptop?? If so, can someone point me in the right...
  9. updating to windows 1909

updating to windows 1909: i am currently trying to update to windows 10 to 1909 from 1803, everytime i do it either A. gets stuck on 100% download B gets stuck on working on updates and then restarts i cannot use windows update assistant thing as im unable to use external storage with it. All help...
  10. acer pc won't update to 1909

acer pc won't update to 1909: I have an ACER M3985 that will not update from Windows 1803. Reason I found is that this model does not support Windows after 1803 Windows version(confirmed by Acer). Maybe others many want to check with there PC maker as this could be possible issues with other PC makes....