Windows 10: Window 20H2 login problem. Why the login in 20h2 is different vs previous version. Anyway...

Discus and support Window 20H2 login problem. Why the login in 20h2 is different vs previous version. Anyway... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I update to 20h2, despite I love the new update. It seems faster and run better However, the login has become a BIG ISSUE for me. Start with:... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by soiberi1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. soiberi1 Win User

Window 20H2 login problem. Why the login in 20h2 is different vs previous version. Anyway...

So I update to 20h2, despite I love the new update. It seems faster and run better

However, the login has become a BIG ISSUE for me.

Start with: The login is way slower compare to previous version. After I typed my password, it keeps asking me for the PIN number which I don't want to set up -this doesn't happen on previous version-.

In the C:/Window/Users/Default-which I see by enabling Show Hidden Filesin Views. I find the Default folder is creating multiple Username Folders with number.

Ex: My username folder is Amicia. It will creates Folder Amicia...1 , Amicia...2 , Amicia...3 and so on. It seems it create "different" user everytime I login?

Some of my apps, like Razer synape doesn't work properly with the 20H2 window. Everytime my PC starts up or wake up from sleep. The Razer synape is running with default setting instead of the one I saved.This doesn't happen on previous version

Is there anyway future update will fix the login or keep the login the same as 2004 ver?

:)

soiberi1, Nov 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 version 20H2

I down loaded windows 10 version 20H2 and now many games I play on FB are VERY slow. The games worked ok on version 2004. Question if I down load version 2004 will it override version 20H2, or do I need to remove version 20H2 prior to downloading version
    2004?

Thanks.

Richard Alan, Nov 20, 2020
  3. John DeV Win User
    Windows 10 version 20H2

Hello Richard,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. What was your previous version before upgrading to version 20H2?

If you download version 2004 and install it directly while in 20H2, It will remove everything on your system.

To avoid that, Please try the method below.

Press Windows key+I to open Settings > Update and Security

Select View Update History > Click Uninstall Updates

Select “Feature update to Windows 10 20H2 via enablement package” right-click it and choose to uninstall.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Window 20H2 login problem. Why the login in 20h2 is different vs previous version. Anyway...

Windows 10 version 20H2

The computer in question had Windows 7 on it and there was not an option to uninstall the 20H2 update. So I have reverted back to Windows 7. Is there a way to download and install Windows 10 version 2004? The games will work on that version but not the
    20H2 version.

Thanks

Richard Alan, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Window 20H2 login problem. Why the login in 20h2 is different vs previous version. Anyway...

1. Window 20H2 login problem. Why the login in 20h2 is different vs previous version. Anyway... - Similar Threads - Window 20H2 login

2. Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version: Hi,Using Windows 10 64-bit Professional. For a while, my computer has been unable to install the Windows feature pack 20H2. I was able to get it to install once, but immediately after that I was getting crashes 1-2 minutes into login. I tried re-installing a fresh copy of...
  3. Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version: Hi,Using Windows 10 64-bit Professional. For a while, my computer has been unable to install the Windows feature pack 20H2. I was able to get it to install once, but immediately after that I was getting crashes 1-2 minutes into login. I tried re-installing a fresh copy of...
  4. Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot login at 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login at 20H2 update: This is immediately after the 20H2 update. I have a personal account setup that I cannot login to. I enter the password, it begins the login process, then immediately logs me back off. I can login to the admin account account with issues. I need my personal account back....
  6. login delay version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    login delay version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804): Windows told me to download new updates. Since installing these updates, when I try to log on it takes 6 minutes from when I enter my login password to when windows starts. How do I fix this? 174838
  7. login delay version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    login delay version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804): Windows told me to download new updates. Since installing these updates, when I try to log on it takes 6 minutes from when I enter my login password to when windows starts. How do I fix this? 174838
  8. Windows 10 Version 20H2 Login Screen Changed??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Version 20H2 Login Screen Changed??: Why did the login screen change in the 20H2 update? It allowed me to enter my password for my Microsoft Account directly on the picture login screen... Now it has the butt ugly white window popup you see in the browser!! How do I change this back the way it was? This is a...
  9. Unable to login Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to login Windows 10 20H2: Can't login after reboot, no response at all to mouse or keyboard. Not able to connect with RDC. However a Share on this computer is accessible from other computers. Have tried removing power and cold booting....
  10. Different 20H2 versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Different 20H2 versions: I had to manually install 20H2 on one computer while the rest went through WU. All the WU machines are on a higher version (19042.630). I prefer all my computers to be on the same version. How do I update to match? 168179