Windows 10: Window 21H2 kills my Windows Start type-ahead functionality - why?

Discus and support Window 21H2 kills my Windows Start type-ahead functionality - why? in Cortana to solve the problem; Why does Windows Update to 21H2 run from Windows Update Assistant because Windows Update continually threw errors during installation cause me to lose... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by theJuzzle, Nov 28, 2021.

1. theJuzzle Win User

Window 21H2 kills my Windows Start type-ahead functionality - why?

Why does Windows Update to 21H2 run from Windows Update Assistant because Windows Update continually threw errors during installation cause me to lose my type-ahead filter functionality in Windows 10? I've attetmpted to repair using the Windows Search Troubleshooter - although it reports "fixed", it didn't I've run the DISMs - no changesNow restoring to previous restore pointSo frustrating!Thoughts?

:)

theJuzzle, Nov 28, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 28, 2021
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Nov 28, 2021
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Window 21H2 kills my Windows Start type-ahead functionality - why? - Similar Threads - Window 21H2 kills

2. Cannot type in Search window 10 version:21H2 ctfmon will not start

in Cortana
    Cannot type in Search window 10 version:21H2 ctfmon will not start: April 17 2022. Windows 10 v 21H2.Cannot type in search bar/window on bottom left.Have tried every YoutUBe and Windows recommended thing.Like restarting Cortana, restarting Windows Search Service, and thenfocused on ctfmon.exeC:\windows\system32\ctfmone.exe does not appear to...
  3. Cannot type in Search window 10 version:21H2 ctfmon will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in Search window 10 version:21H2 ctfmon will not start: April 17 2022. Windows 10 v 21H2.Cannot type in search bar/window on bottom left.Have tried every YoutUBe and Windows recommended thing.Like restarting Cortana, restarting Windows Search Service, and thenfocused on ctfmon.exeC:\windows\system32\ctfmone.exe does not appear to...
  4. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives: Hello there.I have 3 computers that tried to update to 21H2. 2 Dell Desktops with a SATA interface, and 1 HP laptop with an NVME interface.In all 3 cases, once the update was complete, the computer would not boot or reboot immediately after the update.Going into the BIOS...
  5. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives: Hello there.I have 3 computers that tried to update to 21H2. 2 Dell Desktops with a SATA interface, and 1 HP laptop with an NVME interface.In all 3 cases, once the update was complete, the computer would not boot or reboot immediately after the update.Going into the BIOS...
  6. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Window 21H2 kills my Windows Start type-ahead functionality - why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 21H2 kills my Windows Start type-ahead functionality - why?: Why does Windows Update to 21H2 run from Windows Update Assistant because Windows Update continually threw errors during installation cause me to lose my type-ahead filter functionality in Windows 10? I've attetmpted to repair using the Windows Search Troubleshooter -...
  8. Window 21H2 kills my Windows Start type-ahead functionality - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 21H2 kills my Windows Start type-ahead functionality - why?: Why does Windows Update to 21H2 run from Windows Update Assistant because Windows Update continually threw errors during installation cause me to lose my type-ahead filter functionality in Windows 10? I've attetmpted to repair using the Windows Search Troubleshooter -...
  9. Can't type ahead to search Start Menu after hitting Windows key on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Can't type ahead to search Start Menu after hitting Windows key on Windows 10: On Windows 10 20H2 and now 21H1, I can no longer type ahead to filter/search Start Menu items after hitting the Windows key. Also related, the Seaarch icon on the task bar only momentarily activates then disappears before I can type anything in the search box.I've...
  10. KB4524570 killed my taskbar and start button functionality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524570 killed my taskbar and start button functionality: I can open apps pinned to the taskbar with a left-click but I can't right click on anything, the app drawer is completely busted (won't open at all, through keyboard shortcut or clicking on it). None of the icons on the right side work, either. I can't see my calendar, can't...