Windows 10: Window 7 and window 10 shares

Discus and support Window 7 and window 10 shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been sharing folders between my Windows 10 computer (aka w10) and my Windows 7 computer (aka w7) for a while now. After the January 09, 2019... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OutL-DosseSegbeaya, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Window 7 and window 10 shares

I have been sharing folders between my Windows 10 computer (aka w10) and my Windows 7 computer (aka w7) for a while now. After the January 09, 2019 update, everything broke.

I was able to roll back KB4480966 and kb4100347. Once that is done, w10 was able to see w7.

On w10: I set an entry in the Credential Manager of a user called w7\buser00. At the same time, I created a user on w7 called buser00 (password xxx).

On w7 I have 3 drives (c: ; d: eWindow 7 and window 10 shares :) that I share with w10. User buser00 has been given full access to these 3 drives.

The following happens:

1) On W7, when buser00 password is blank, then on W10, when I click on W7 in the Network list, W7 shares show, but I can only access Drive C: For the other drives (d: and eWindow 7 and window 10 shares :) I receive the message "Windows Cannot access \\W7\d . You Do not have permission to access \\w7\d. Contact your network administrator." Similar message shows when I try to access drive E: All the 3 drives on W7 are marked as shared.

2) On W7 when buser00 password is not blank, then when I click on W7 in the Network list on W10, I am denied access to W7.

I changed to different users of W7 in the W10 "Credential Manager", and the result is the same.

Any insight into the resolution of this problem is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

:)

OutL-DosseSegbeaya, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Window 7 and window 10 shares

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Window 7 and window 10 shares

1. Window 7 and window 10 shares - Similar Threads - Window window shares

2. Windows 10 File-Sharing less protective than Window 7 File-Sharing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 File-Sharing less protective than Window 7 File-Sharing?: I have set up two computers in a common workgroup. One runs Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. The other - brand new workstation - runs Windows 10 Professional for Workstations. In each computer I turned on sharing in all types of networks, and turned on password protected...
  3. Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7: Hi all, We have a shared printer Samsung 282x series on a Windows 10 machine and it seems that after upgrading windows 10 to latest updates, printer is visible on windows 7 machines but not accessible. (\\hostname\printer is there) Trying to access this shared printer...
  4. sharing files between a windows 7 and a windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing files between a windows 7 and a windows 10 computer: I have no problem accessing shared files on the windows 7 computer from my windows 10 laptop but the desktop running w7 says I don't have permission to access the laptop, what am I doing wrong?...
  5. Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share

Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share: Trying to access a Win 7 share from Win 10 - note: a Win 7 can access a Win 10 share Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit both machines in same Workgroup, same subnet and gateway ping works between Try to map a drive and use Browse server is there but...
  6. Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7: I am using windows 10 in two computers & other one use windows 7. I have install and use printer on one windows 10 computer and it is shared. I can use these shared printer on other windows 10 computer but can't use it in windows 7 computer. Can i solve this problem....
  7. Sharing files between Windows 10 1803 and Windows 7

Sharing files between Windows 10 1803 and Windows 7: Is it possible to EASILY share files between Windows 10 1803 and Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-between-windows-10-1803-and-windows/414da0bf-34b4-4bc6-9ef2-8779f5fd4d01
  8. Windows 10 and Windows 7 File Sharing

Windows 10 and Windows 7 File Sharing: I have 5 computers on a home network. One of the computers is Windows 10, the other 4 are Windows 7. All the Windows 7 computers are able to open and transfer files and folders. Even though the Windows 10 computer can see folders on the Windows 7 computers, and vise...
  9. Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7

Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7: We recently had 2 new computers built in house, both with Windows 10 OS. Our main computer that we use for shared files runs on Windows 7. After connecting both new Win 10 computers to network, one had immediate access to shared files and hasn't missed a beat, however the...
  10. Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files

Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files: Hi guys, I am running Windows 10 and Windows 7 on 2 partions. I am working on a website that is on local using wamp server. How can I share folder between two windows when I login to another system files are synced on both. Is this achievable? 20717