Windows 10: Window 7 chkdsk on a win 10 disk

Discus and support Window 7 chkdsk on a win 10 disk in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Because of how windows 10 does its chkdsk I prefer to use windows 7' chkdsk. Its more thorough. But is there any reason why I shouldnt run the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dazza007, May 5, 2020.

1. Dazza007 Win User

Window 7 chkdsk on a win 10 disk

Because of how windows 10 does its chkdsk I prefer to use windows 7' chkdsk. Its more thorough. But is there any reason why I shouldnt run the windows 7 version on Win 10 disk? Doesnt chkdsk get its information from the registry/Index?

:)

Dazza007, May 5, 2020

2. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator

SabrinaWatkins1, May 5, 2020
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 5, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Window 7 chkdsk on a win 10 disk - Similar Threads - Window chkdsk disk

2. Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does: When using clonezilla to copy an HDD or SSD, it will report an error if MFTMirr doesn't match MFT. Usually this is due to deleted files. Windows 10 chdsk /f doesn't fix it, but Window 7 chkdsk /f does fix it. Is there a way to get Window 10 chkdsk to make the same fixes that...
  3. Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does: When using clonezilla to copy an HDD or SSD, it will report an error if MFTMirr doesn't match MFT. Usually this is due to deleted files. Windows 10 chdsk /f doesn't fix it, but Window 7 chkdsk /f does fix it. Is there a way to get Window 10 chkdsk to make the same fixes that...
  4. Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 to Win 10: Hi,I have HP Prodesk 400 g2, bought 6 years ago. It was bought with Windows 8 but I downgraded to Win 7. Now how I can update my Windows 7 to Win 10. Please help. With many thanks...
  6. Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10: I have the Windows 7 home edition. by the time I changed it to Win 10 and then due a virus I formatted my disks. Right now, I want to activate the win 10 new installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/d8f511b9-2035-4fc5-aa6b-b48dfce47dcc
  7. New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace

New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace: New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-win-10-how-to-install-win-7-with/d1fc2fc3-5532-4779-9b3d-58634aa19bf4
  8. Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 7 to win 10: Can i transfer old computer win 7 to new win 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/ea48f987-32d1-4b38-9a63-726bfffde42b"
  9. Is Win-10's CHKDSK utility any more superior than that of Win-7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is Win-10's CHKDSK utility any more superior than that of Win-7: Is Win-10's CHKDSK utility any more superior than that of Win-7 as far as the ability to check files and repair Windows drives/partitions/boot records? I have a bootable Win-7 repair disc and I have a Win-10 bootable repair disc. So I can boot either and run CHKDSK from...
  10. win 7 to win 10

win 7 to win 10: hello,im having the icon down the task bar for reserve my win 10,i did it in advance,but what benefits i get?is it a full version or a trial?do i get updates?do i have to install it on win 7 just an upgrade?can i reverse to win 7?do i have any setup for further use? hope...