Windows 10: window 7 product key

Discus and support window 7 product key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with windows 10. But it now about 6 months after purchase requires me to enter a product key or buy office. I have the product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by camarodude, Apr 19, 2022.

1. window 7 product key

I have a new laptop with windows 10. But it now about 6 months after purchase requires me to enter a product key or buy office. I have the product key for windows 7 which still works on an old laptop. But that key number is not recognized by my windows 10 laptop. What am I doing wrong?

:)

camarodude, Apr 19, 2022

2. Product key of windows 7 ultimate

If you buy a 10 Pro key yourself there are no downgrade rights to 7 Pro.

10 Pro has to come preinstalled by the OEM (Dell, HP, etc.) for Downgrade Rights.

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Apr 19, 2022
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Apr 19, 2022
  4. window 7 product key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

window 7 product key

1. window 7 product key - Similar Threads - window product key

2. window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window 7 product key: window 7 product key missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-7-product-key/670416f8-62b0-40cd-90c5-780995e855fa
  3. window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 7 product key: window 7 product key missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-7-product-key/670416f8-62b0-40cd-90c5-780995e855fa
  4. windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 product key: My father gave me a laptop I have had it for months then all of a sudden it started asking me to activate my windows. I called my dad he got the windows key he keeps everything in a file cabinet. I entered and it keeps saying it isnt valid. Now i had not noticed before but...
  5. windows 7 product key

windows 7 product key: My father gave me a laptop I have had it for months then all of a sudden it started asking me to activate my windows. I called my dad he got the windows key he keeps everything in a file cabinet. I entered and it keeps saying it isnt valid. Now i had not noticed before but...
  6. window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window 7 product key: I have a new laptop with windows 10. But it now about 6 months after purchase requires me to enter a product key or buy office. I have the product key for windows 7 which still works on an old laptop. But that key number is not recognized by my windows 10 laptop. What am I...
  7. window 7 product key

window 7 product key: I have a new laptop with windows 10. But it now about 6 months after purchase requires me to enter a product key or buy office. I have the product key for windows 7 which still works on an old laptop. But that key number is not recognized by my windows 10 laptop. What am I...
  8. Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 product key: Trying to set up a virtual machine in Windows 10. Have an old Dell that had Windows 7 Pro installed. Tried to use that product key for the Windows 7 Pro install in the Hyper V but its telling me that its not valid. Well, its valid just cant use it because it was a pre-install...
  9. Product Key for Windows 7

Product Key for Windows 7: Can I use a Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 7? I need to do this on a work computer, so I do not need anyone to recommend me to "stay on Windows 10" or whatever. Just trust me....
  10. Windows 7 to 10 product keys

Windows 7 to 10 product keys: Hi, I previously had a Windows 7 Home Premium which came pre installed on my laptop. Over the years, since, I've taken advantage of the free win 10 upgrade when it was available, and I upgraded my laptop. Everything has been great until recently, when due to some software...