Windows 10: Window 7 to Window 10 - incompatible Graphics card - how to fix

Discus and support Window 7 to Window 10 - incompatible Graphics card - how to fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - I got an error message indicating my Intel HD Graphics 4600 was not compatible with the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RainyD, Feb 10, 2019.

1. RainyD Win User

Window 7 to Window 10 - incompatible Graphics card - how to fix

I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - I got an error message indicating my Intel HD Graphics 4600 was not compatible with the upgrade so display would not be correct. How do I fix this issue and continue with the upgrade?

:)

RainyD, Feb 10, 2019
  2. lashmk Win User

7 Home > 10 Upgrade Failed - Graphics Card Incompatible

This morning I clicked the 10 icon and got this. Never got this screen before. Maybe it fixed itself.

Window 7 to Window 10 - incompatible Graphics card - how to fix [​IMG]

lashmk, Feb 10, 2019
  3. plusman Win User
    Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card

I've managed to upgrade some of my home PC's from Win 7 or Win 8 to Wn 10 without any significant problems, but I am having major difficulty upgrading one of my PC's.

It is running Win 7 Home 32-bit and when I originally ran the Windows 10 upgrade advisor, it indicated that I could not upgrade as my NVidia GEForce 6600 graphics card was incompatible with Windows 10.

I tried various workarounds, using suggestions on this and other sites, to upgrade with the GEForce card but none were successful. So I purchased and installed a new graphics card - an AMD Radeon R7 240, which should be Win 10 compatible.

I then re-ran the Win 10 upgrade advisor - it still said that I couldn't upgrade as the "GeForce 6600 card" was incompatible - even though it was no longer installed!

I checked the Device Manager and the graphics card was clearly showing as being the AMD card. I then explicitly uninstalled any NVidia drivers/software using the Control Panel/Program uninstall - still unable to upgrade to Win 10. I also ran the Wagnard tools "Display driver uninstaller" and removed any NVidia software/drivers - still unable to upgrade. I am using the latest drivers from the AMD website.

I also tried to upgrade using the Media Creation tool and a Win 7 image from DVD (previously this also failed to work and gave the incompatible graphics card error); this seemed to work up to a point, but after a reboot it wanted me to select a keyboard layout but neither my usb keyboard nor mouse would function and the installation froze. On rebooting the OS reverted to Win 7 (and the keyboard/mouse worked ok).

I want to upgarde to Win 10 rather than do a fresh install, but am now unsure what to do - I keep getting the "Incompatible GEForce graphics card" message anytime I run the Win 10 advisor tool (even after downloading it again from the MS website).

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue and finally upgrade?

plusman, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Window 7 to Window 10 - incompatible Graphics card - how to fix - Similar Threads - Window Window incompatible

2. Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?: Hi,I've been getting lots of program crashes / BSODs lately surrounding corrupt files/drivers/etc, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, CACHE_MANAGER, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA, many othersI have run countless SFC scans and DISM image repairs, all of which have...
  3. Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?: Hi,I've been getting lots of program crashes / BSODs lately surrounding corrupt files/drivers/etc, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, CACHE_MANAGER, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA, many othersI have run countless SFC scans and DISM image repairs, all of which have...
  4. Graphics card GTX 980 possibly incompatible with current Windows version?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 NTFS incompatible with Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 NTFS incompatible with Windows 7?: I have a machine that (for testing purposes) dual boots either Win 10 (the default) or Win 7 (sometimes). I added a new disk to that machine, partitioned with GPT and some other (non-windows) partitions on it, plus a NTFS partition starting at ~2 TB going to the end of the...
  6. Fix Incompatible Video card error during Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Incompatible Video card error during Windows 10 installation: [ATTACH] This Windows 10 Upgrade error speaks for itself. You have a graphics adapter or card on your Windows 10 PC which is not compatible with the next upgrade of Windows. You have two options, either you can find the compatible [...] This post Fix Incompatible Video card...
  7. Windows 10 graphic card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 graphic card: Hi, This is my first post and although trawling back through other threads I havn`t found a previous answer to my query. I have installed Windows 10 to my Dell desk top PC and all is OK apart from the ATI RV370 video controller which needs upgrading. This I am more than...
  8. 7 Home > 10 Upgrade Failed - Graphics Card Incompatible

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    7 Home > 10 Upgrade Failed - Graphics Card Incompatible: Got a message that my graphics card was not compatible with 10 so I installed an ASUS 210 Silent, forced a 10 download again and still get the same message with the old card. 10 upgrade doesn't check for the new card, just reports the old card is not compatible. How do I get...
  9. How to upgrade despite incompatible on-board graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade despite incompatible on-board graphics card: I have a windows 7 system that I want to upgrade to Win10. The advisor says that the old on-board graphics card (built into the mobo) is not compatible. I went out and purchased a new PCI-e card that is compatible but the advisor continues to say that I can't upgrade. There...
  10. Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card: I've managed to upgrade some of my home PC's from Win 7 or Win 8 to Wn 10 without any significant problems, but I am having major difficulty upgrading one of my PC's. It is running Win 7 Home 32-bit and when I originally ran the Windows 10 upgrade advisor, it indicated...