Windows 10: Window 7 to Windows 10 to Windows 7 want to go back to 10 again

Discus and support Window 7 to Windows 10 to Windows 7 want to go back to 10 again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings. I went from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 by invitation download when it was offered by Microsoft a long time ago had it for a long time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertSukovich, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Window 7 to Windows 10 to Windows 7 want to go back to 10 again

Greetings. I went from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 by invitation download when it was offered by Microsoft a long time ago had it for a long time and liked it very much. I was cruising very well with 10. I was having trouble with my printer (Dell V515w) and found out that my printer was not compatible with Windows 10. I was working on a project that required extensive printing and the only way I could alleviate the problem was to go back to Windows 7 Pro in order to be able to use the printer. After I got done I was having so many problems with the computer that I had to do a wipe and reinstall of Windows 7 Pro which is where I am now. I want to go back to Windows 10 and too, I understand that after January 2020, Microsoft will no longer support 7 which will necessitate both my wife and I going to windows 10. Since I had Windows 10 before could I get it again free. We are on fixed income & cannot afford the cost to do it by paying. Is that any alternative? Thank Yoou

:)

RobertSukovich, Nov 12, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 12, 2019
  3. windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Window 7 to Windows 10 to Windows 7 want to go back to 10 again

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Window 7 to Windows 10 to Windows 7 want to go back to 10 again

1. Window 7 to Windows 10 to Windows 7 want to go back to 10 again - Similar Threads - Window again

2. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 says Can't record now, try again later.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 says Can't record now, try again later.: I have been trying all sorts of fixes but none worked. I still have the same issue where Game bar says cant record now try again later. I tried the following: Enable Xbox Game Bar via SettingsPress Win + I key and launch Windows SettingsClick the Gaming tab in the left pane...
  3. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 says Can't record now, try again later.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 says Can't record now, try again later.: I have been trying all sorts of fixes but none worked. I still have the same issue where Game bar says cant record now try again later. I tried the following: Enable Xbox Game Bar via SettingsPress Win + I key and launch Windows SettingsClick the Gaming tab in the left pane...
  4. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  5. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  6. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

7. While exiting s mode from Windows 11 S, app store keeps popping ‘try again’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While exiting s mode from Windows 11 S, app store keeps popping ‘try again’: I have my newly bought laptop with me today. As I followed the instructions setting>activation>open store, I could access where there is a ‘get’ buttpn, but whenever I clicked on it, it said ‘try again’. I was so furious as I could not use the app I need for work!...
  8. While exiting s mode from Windows 11 S, app store keeps popping ‘try again’

While exiting s mode from Windows 11 S, app store keeps popping ‘try again’: I have my newly bought laptop with me today. As I followed the instructions setting>activation>open store, I could access where there is a ‘get’ buttpn, but whenever I clicked on it, it said ‘try again’. I was so furious as I could not use the app I need for work!...
  9. I need help getting my windows laptop working again!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting my windows laptop working again!: My windows laptop was running just fine but all of a sudden a brick ton load of stuff just magically appeared on my computer and now I have trouble running to most minimalistic tasks. I need help fixing it....
  10. I need help getting my windows laptop working again!

I need help getting my windows laptop working again!: My windows laptop was running just fine but all of a sudden a brick ton load of stuff just magically appeared on my computer and now I have trouble running to most minimalistic tasks. I need help fixing it....