Windows 10: window activation after hard disk change

Discus and support window activation after hard disk change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have just recently upgraded to SSD fro HDD and my and the service provider has install window 10 pro Not activated but i have digital license for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dheerajxbl, Jul 23, 2020.

1. window activation after hard disk change

i have just recently upgraded to SSD fro HDD and my and the service provider has install window 10 pro Not activated but i have digital license for window 10 home.So now window is not activated. how can i downgrade my window pro ta home

:)

Dheerajxbl, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 Enterprise fails to re-activate after hard disk replacement

The system is a laptop where the single hard disk failed and was replaced. Unfortunately, there was no recent, viable backup of the hard disk that could be used to restore it.

A successful clean install was made from en-gb_windows_10_business_edition_version_1803_update_jul_2018_x64_dvd_12613160.iso.

The first login used my Microsoft Work or School account but I was unable to activate it from that account.

I then created a user with my Microsoft Account (which uses the same email address) but was unable to activate it from that account either.

The laptop has a firmware-embedded activation key. It appears in the devices list for my Microsoft Account and also appears in the devices list in the Azure Active Directory which we receive as part of Office 365.

It is a commodity laptop that was supplied with Windows Home installed; upgraded to Windows Pro using Get Genuine; and upgraded to Windows Enterprise with an OS upgrade using a product key. It was regularly updated before the hard disk failure.

I had anticipated that re-activation after the hard disk replacement should have been simple!

Any pointers to where I might be going wrong? Or suggestions as to how to diagnose this? I'm a volunteer systems administrator for a Museum (non-profit / charity) and this is outside my comfort zone.

JohnConnett, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Windows activation, problem anticipation...

I bought a hard-disk to replace the faulty one in my Pentium 4 rig, which has OEM XP Home.

Now the last time I did a clean XP install I had to call MS and they gave me automated numbers to input to re-activate.

Just in case, that this time I have to speak to a human, will they be accepting to re-activate if I tell them (the truth) that I have changed the hard disk?

Or would you suggest something else? *Oh Well window activation after hard disk  change :eek:hwell:

Thank you.

Black Panther, Aug 4, 2020
  4. window activation after hard disk change

External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

window activation after hard disk change

1. window activation after hard disk change - Similar Threads - window activation hard

2. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  3. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  4. Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive: I want to change my hard disk as it is low on storage. I am using a Windows 10 Home. Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299.I already have activated windows 10 on my new hard drive but I am not sure which version. .After changing the hard drive should I activate windows again on...
  5. how re activating windows after changing hard disk

how re activating windows after changing hard disk: HI,I purchased a laptop with windows 7 Home Prem OA. after that I upgraded it to win 10. Six months ago I changed my systems hard disk. the technician changed hard disk and re installed windows 10. but last few days a massage appearing on screen is "Your windows will expiring...
  6. Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change

Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change: Today I got my hard disk changed and cannot activate Windows 10 after that. I get the error code 0xC004F213 although my device is seemingly connected to my Microsoft account. I tried to re-enter the product key but the key on the CD I got from the retailer doesn't work - it...
  7. Reactivation after change of hard disk

Reactivation after change of hard disk: Hello Everyone! I have a question. I didn't use my laptop for almost 2 years and seems like the hard disk can't be use anymore. I change the hard disk and try to reactivate Windows 10 on the same device. Windows reported that there is no product key was found on my device....
  8. windows activation after new hard disk installation

windows activation after new hard disk installation: i had replaced and installed a new hard disk after the old one crashed, now there appears to be a message after logging in the system " ypur windows licence will expire soon". i had downloaded a copy from microsoft and had subsequently logged into the microsoft account so...
  9. Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.: Hi, My Acer laptop is as old as introduction of windows 8. When I bought it was loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. When Windows 8 was introduced, I purchased Windows 8 pro on line & installed it. That time it was activated on line. As and when new editions were introduced...
  10. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows after hard disk change: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall...