Windows 10: Window Alignment

Discus and support Window Alignment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why do windows now have a gap between them? I find this with lots of programs and is a pain when organising my desktop. In Windows 8 there would be no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by videodj, Aug 10, 2015.

1. videodj Win User

Window Alignment

Why do windows now have a gap between them? I find this with lots of programs and is a pain when organising my desktop. In Windows 8 there would be no gap between these 2 windows in my example below. Is this a bug or is this part of Windows 10 design?

Window Alignment [​IMG]

:)

videodj, Aug 10, 2015

2. how i align my htc windows phone t7380?everytime i aligned, after few minutes it will disaligned

how i align my htc windows phone t7380?everytime i aligned, after few minutes it will disaligned

aprilatienza, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

I have moved the windows 10 task bar from the bottom of the screen to the left but unfortunately this breaks the centre alignment of some icons. Where as all icons on the menu were vertically aligned when the task bar was horizontal on the bottom of the
    screen only some of the icons horizontally align when the taskbar is vertical at the left of the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/q7dCiXL.png

Is there any way to make all the icons centre align?

A-Windows-User, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Nachlawi Win User

Window Alignment

Can confirm, this happens to my TeamViewer as well. Not sure why. Also it snaps into this place as if intended. I think this will be updated by TeamViewer as it is probably their problem rather than Microsofts.

Nachlawi, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Ignore: looks like a teamviewer issue

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Windows 10 windows are virtually borderless but the placeholders are still there.
    (Even if you have a bordered theme, some snap-ins will not show a border)

Window Alignment [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 10, 2015
  7. videodj Win User
    Teamviewer was just an example, it's not limited to this app, I see it with others, even explorer. If I use the side by side function, which I often use for 2 explorer windows, I get this. In Windows 8, there were no gaps, this looks untidy and seems like a unfinished product.

Window Alignment [​IMG]

videodj, Aug 10, 2015
  8. videodj Win User

Window Alignment

If windows 10 windows are borderless, you'd have though MS would allow snap to take this into account and fill the screen correctly.

videodj, Aug 10, 2015
  9. Nachlawi Win User
    This I cannot see on my computer. For Windows there are no spaces in between windows:

Window Alignment [​IMG]

How do you put them side by side? using Windows key left/right?

Nachlawi, Aug 10, 2015
  10. videodj Win User
    By right clicking the taskbar and selecting "Show windows side by side".

videodj, Aug 10, 2015
  11. I believe that is done by design, but it's not an issue if you drag a windows to the edge or win-key + directional arrows.

fracking4oil, Aug 10, 2015
  12. videodj Win User
    hmm, well whilst I like most of the features of windows 10, this I do not like, it is completely different from all versions I have used. It feels unfinished and in a corporate environment where productivity is key it would be pretty poor. I'm not sure why MS felt this needed changing from Windows 8.1. Maybe I'm being picky, but I like the way I use my PC and how it's laid out, I don't like the new window features or the start menu in Windows 10 (Using Start10 instead), so in the end I may end up going back to Windows 8.1.

videodj, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Window Alignment

1. Window Alignment - Similar Threads - Window Alignment

2. after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits: After cloning an HDD to an SSD, and successfully being able to run Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on the SSD, I tried using partition wizard to realign the partitions on the Windows 10 disk 4 disks 5 partitions per disk on my system, boot partition is on disk0, Windows 10 is on disk3....
  3. after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits: After cloning an HDD to an SSD, and successfully being able to run Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on the SSD, I tried using partition wizard to realign the partitions on the Windows 10 disk 4 disks 5 partitions per disk on my system, boot partition is on disk0, Windows 10 is on disk3....
  4. after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Multiple Screen Alignment

Windows 11 Multiple Screen Alignment: I've searched around several times about this and also contacted my IT department at work, but unfortunately have not been able to find an answer. I have 3 screens that I'm working from, the main on the Dell Laptop I use and 2 additional screens. For some reason this program...
  6. Windows 11 Multiple Screen Alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Multiple Screen Alignment: I've searched around several times about this and also contacted my IT department at work, but unfortunately have not been able to find an answer. I have 3 screens that I'm working from, the main on the Dell Laptop I use and 2 additional screens. For some reason this program...
  7. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  8. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  9. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

10. Removed Taskbar alignment in all directions in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed Taskbar alignment in all directions in Windows 11: In previous version of Windows 10, the taskbar positioning has an option to fit in all directions Top, left, Right, Bottom, but after upgrading to Windows 11, the feature was not found and placed only at the bottom. Generally i used to have task bar Positioned at the Right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window alignment