Windows 10: Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop

Discus and support Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Note: the Windows topic on this one is "Security & privacy" since I didn't find any other topic suitable for the situation described below and I feel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by _Bajiru_, Dec 16, 2020.

1. _Bajiru_ Win User

Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop

Note: the Windows topic on this one is "Security & privacy" since I didn't find any other topic suitable for the situation described below and I feel that my privacy is seriously invaded by the conferencing app I'm talking about. Feel free to correct me if it needs to be placed in a different topic.

Since the 2nd lockdown, we students in Greece have to use Cisco Webex Meetings in order to connect with our teachers instead of some other normal conferencing app, e.g. Skype or Zoom. Apart from the myriad of issues with the service, including the client crashing both on mobile and desktop, constant lagging, members being disconnected from the call for absolutely no reason, I found out another one:the app re-opens again a few hours after I've terminated every process from Task Manager, without any indication whatsoever.

Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop aca591ac-065a-468f-aab0-36e98302efac?upload=true.jpg

I can see it in the Alt-Tab menu, however there is no process of it in Task Manager, neither any window in the desktop. Is there a way to make the window appear in the desktop? Any help is appreciated.

:)

_Bajiru_, Dec 16, 2020
  2. mrhuggles Win User

alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Dec 16, 2020
  3. cjb4 Win User
    Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

Am I missing something. In 10 Alt+Tab no longer switches between the desktop and open applications. You need to perform an extra step to get to the desktop

4. Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop

desktop is not listed in Ctrl+Tab toggle

Thanks for the suggestions, DaveM121 and NikhilPosting.

@DaveM121 - I have GForce Experience 3.7.0.81, and I can't see a ShadowPlay feature.

@NikhilPosting - I know Alt-Tab very well: this is precisely where I have an issue! the actual desktop is not listed among the thumbnails!

Window + Tab seems to be merely a variant of Alt-Tab - and it returns the same result: desktop is not listed among the thumbnails.

Thus, the issue endures...

GuyCruls_851, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop

1. Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop - Similar Threads - Window appears Alt

2. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  3. Windows Logo Appearing When Changing Windows or ALT+Tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logo Appearing When Changing Windows or ALT+Tab: Good evening, I found a post from a year ago that the user has the same issue as myself. Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB" [img] This Logo can get quite annoying as it can stay on the screen for several seconds. It cannot be clicked on and I haven't been able...
  4. Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window appears in Alt-Tab but nowhere to be found on the desktop: Note: the Windows topic on this one is "Security & privacy" since I didn't find any other topic suitable for the situation described below and I feel that my privacy is seriously invaded by the conferencing app I'm talking about. Feel free to correct me if it needs to be...
  5. Background process 'Start' and 'Window' appearing in alt+tab

Background process 'Start' and 'Window' appearing in alt+tab: Hi all, I have an ongoing issue with two background processes appearing when I use alt+tab - one called 'Start' and one called 'Window'. [ATTACH] I have figured out that the Start program is the new start menu service, and of course I am able to force close this...
  6. Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?

Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?: I play video games on my PC in fullscreen and I have the windows key disabled most of the time. It's in the vicinity of important gaming keys like Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. I don't want the start menu popping up in the middle of my game so that's why I keep it disabled. Win + D...
  7. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  8. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  9. alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop: So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct answer just keep finding different way to do it (which i already know). Is there a option that i have enabled to make it that my...
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798