Windows 10: Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12

Discus and support Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings y'all! My title is my BLUF (bottom-line up front). If this belongs in a different sub-section of the forum, sorry in advance. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by motas88, Sep 23, 2016.

1. motas88 Win User

Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12

Greetings y'all!

My title is my BLUF (bottom-line up front). If this belongs in a different sub-section of the forum, sorry in advance.

I just did a clean install of 10 Pro from a UEFI formatted thumb drive, using RUFUS - did that because I upgraded to a PNY CS2211 480GB SSD. Everything works great once loaded!

The problem seems to be my laptop can't use the Windows Boot Manager my laptop is pointing to in UEFI settings. I first noticed the problem while installing it (after initial reboot during install). When I hit F12 for the One-Time boot menu and select WBM, it boots just fine - no issue.

Maybe this has everything to do with the fact I did not make the change prior to install from Legacy to UEFI?

Very likely, I think.

The victim is a Dell Latitude E6510, circa 2010-ish. BIOS is up to date (A16 version) and all other drivers/updates are good.

Appreciate any help rendered!

Ian

:)

motas88, Sep 23, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

No BIOS or HDD

Hi,

Depending on how your BIOS is configured, it may not boot to a flash drive or DVD without interrupting the process at the Toshiba screen, hitting something like F12, and selecting the USB Flash...

If the hard drive is set as the first boot device in bios, it won' boot to anything else without using boot options...

slance310, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 installation hangs at "CD Rom boot priority boot ready" screen

I think I fixed my issue. I pressed F12 to enter boot option menu and selected HDD, pressed Enter and it booted to the Upgrading Windows screen.

forestsoup, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12

1. Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12 - Similar Threads - Window Boot Manager

2. Boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot manager issues: How do I exit windows boot manager SAMSUNG MZALQ256HAJD-000L2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-manager-issues/975ba3cc-5e81-43fa-99c6-f91ea795408f
  3. Boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot manager issues: How do I exit windows boot manager SAMSUNG MZALQ256HAJD-000L2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-manager-issues/975ba3cc-5e81-43fa-99c6-f91ea795408f
  4. Boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. uefi boot and boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    uefi boot and boot manager issues: i am having issues after imaging windows 10 through UEFI windows boot manager is the first boot device and i need it to include the nic. we image remotely and don't want to have to physically touch the bios every time we image...
  6. I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot: This morning I woke up to my PC on the blue screen with the startup repair options. I tried various things to get my PC to boot but it would always boot to this screen. Eventually I discovered that if I went into the boot manager on startup by pressing f12 and selecting the...
  7. Must boot into BIOS to select Windows Boot Manager manually

in Windows 10 Support
    Must boot into BIOS to select Windows Boot Manager manually: A few weeks ago, my PC started acting odd. It would boot, show the post screen, then give me an error about an operating system not being found and advising me to unplug any drives that don't have an OS on them. Well, I tried that, and it still does it. So I found that I have...
  8. No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12: Hello first thank you, this is an odd problem, with no real place to be put. I have chosen BSOD because, I think it will have the best chance for success. I have a GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880 Using a dual boot with Linux I...
  9. No CMOS Setup when F2 pressed nor Boot Selection with F12

in Windows 10 Support
    No CMOS Setup when F2 pressed nor Boot Selection with F12: I have a GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880 Using a dual boot with Linux I have messed up something with the UEFI bios or NVRAM Every was fine, until I started developing in Linux, my MSI was the last to be used, and it was great, the...
  10. Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed: Code: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer. 2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next". 3.Click "Repair your computer." If you do not...