Windows 10: Window borders not visible on 4K displays

Discus and support Window borders not visible on 4K displays in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Like this question, which never got a useful answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Conrad Braam, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Window borders not visible on 4K displays

Like this question, which never got a useful answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-border-thickness/66ebc86c-d06c-4b02-ab17-5818e6740369Applications that have a black or dark client area become indistinguishable from any window it is in front or behind, because the borders are not easy to then grab and resize or easy to click on to foreground the intended window. This is a larger problem on laptops where the graphics drivers are poor and users have disabled most of the shadow or other effects. The M$ representatives seem to believe that removing settings has mad

:)

Conrad Braam, Dec 7, 2022
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 7, 2022
  3. 4K display screens...

Hi,

The screen resolution of a display determines how much information is displayed on the screen. It is measured horizontally and vertically in pixels. At lower screen resolutions, such as 640 x 480, fewer items will fit on the screen, but they will appear
    larger. At higher resolutions, such as 1900 x 1080, more items will fit on the screen but they will appear smaller. The resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.

Windows 10 includes support for 4K and 8K displays.

By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor. If you like, you can manually change the screen resolution of each display on your PC separately to what you want.

[*]Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as monitors, printers and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update.
    [*]While it’s likely that you already have the most recent driver, if you’re having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating or reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:

[*]

[*]

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, then select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
        Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.

[*]If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also want to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest graphics driver compatible with Windows 10 and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Zafatta Win User

Window borders not visible on 4K displays

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Window borders not visible on 4K displays

1. Window borders not visible on 4K displays - Similar Threads - Window borders visible

2. Display border issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display border issue: I use my onboard graphics of my motherboard. My borders are beyond my monitor. I have tried adjusting it through display settings but nothing from scalling to resolution has worked. What can i do to adjust the borders...
  3. Display border issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display border issue: I use my onboard graphics of my motherboard. My borders are beyond my monitor. I have tried adjusting it through display settings but nothing from scalling to resolution has worked. What can i do to adjust the borders...
  4. Display border issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Window borders not visible on 4K displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window borders not visible on 4K displays: Like this question, which never got a useful answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-border-thickness/66ebc86c-d06c-4b02-ab17-5818e6740369Applications that have a black or dark client area become indistinguishable from any window it is in front...
  6. Display borders for different sized displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display borders for different sized displays.: I noticed something yesterday after I updated where the boundaries on my displays changed. I have a 15" laptop and a 27" display connected by HDMI, and they aren't level with each other, and I have them arranged in the layout as best I can.Previously, If I moved my mouse to...
  7. Setting 4k TV to hdmi 2.0 causes Windows to display beyond borders in 4k but not 1440p

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting 4k TV to hdmi 2.0 causes Windows to display beyond borders in 4k but not 1440p: I use a 4k TV for my PC. If I put the TV to HDMI 1.4 Windows displays everything okay when I set the resolution to 4k, but if I set the TV to HDMI 2.0 Which is required if I want to use HDR in Windows, Windows displays beyond borders. I also have an HDMI cable I just bought...
  8. white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xFinal_boss6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2xyf6/white_borders_in_browsers_when_using_in_full/
  9. 4k display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k display: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  10. 4K Display Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4K Display Issues: I am in the process of installing Applications on my New ASUS Notebook PC Model Q535UD with a 15.6 inch 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) screen - 3840x2160 pixels. While installing applications (for example, HP 8640 Printer Assistant, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018) I...