Windows 10: Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet.

Discus and support Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First, Sorry about my English. I have a question. I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by springriver, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet.

First, Sorry about my English. I have a question.
    I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet). Window can't not access internet although Wifi still work well. When i Disable Ethernet, Window access Internet normaly. Please help!

:)

springriver, Aug 29, 2016
  2. Malishar Win User

Windows 10 Creator Update - Wifi disconnects when internet access Ethernet is connected

This is a nice feature, but I can't find it documented anywhere nor how to disable it.

Scenario 1: Connected to WiFi with Internet access. Connect Ethernet with Internet access (this can a totally different network/subnet) and in about 15 seconds, the WiFi will disconnect. Event log says that the WiFi was disconnected by user.

Scenario 1: Connected to WiFi with Internet access. Connect Ethernet without Internet access/gateway address, the WiFi will stay connected.

Seen on multiple systems, both upgrade and fresh installs. In general, I consider this a neat feature, but in some cases I need both networks connected, so looking for a way to disable this.

Malishar, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Change priority on network adapters without disabling any network adapter

I am using Windows 10.

Sometimes, I would like to use Ethernet for accessing resources on local area network and WiFi for internet. My WiFi network is actually my phone's tethered WiFi (I use my phone's internet). And, I always connect to the WiFi network later than Ethernet.

I had set static interface metric for both my ethernet adapter and WiFi adapter. The WiFi adapter's interface metric is set to lower than the ethernet adapter's interface metric. But, this doesn't work until I disable and re-enable the ethernet adapter.
    Before I disable the ethernet adapter, Windows and all other installed software will still use the ethernet adapter for internet. I have to disable and re-enable the ethernet adapter to make all software use my WiFi network for internet.

After reboot my computer, I always connect to ethernet first, then connect to WiFi later, and I would like to keep this way.

So, since I had set static metric for both my ethernet adapter and WiFi adapter, how can I make Windows and all other software use WiFi for accessing internet by default,
    without disable and re-enable my ethernet adapter?

CSH1471199, Aug 29, 2016
  4. zaldhie Win User

Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet.

Check your ethernet cable if its working properly and check if it is using static ip if there's an IP try to change it to Obtain IP automatically then try to reconnect your ethernet cable again.

zaldhie, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Thank zaldhie! I am using static IP for Ethernet, when i change Ethernet to dynamic IP, it work fine. But for some reason, i have to set static IP for Ethernet to connect Local Domain. That is my problem.

6. zaldhie Win User
    make sure you put the correct gateway and the IP address of your Domain as preferred DNS.
    if still doesn't work. try to flush the your configuration using cmd prompt.

use this syntax: ipconfig /flushdns

zaldhie, Aug 29, 2016
  7. Oh Yeah! When i use syntax: ipconfig /flushdns
    Now it work well. What does it mean?
    Thank you very much

8. zaldhie Win User

now try to connect again using your ethernet cable and try to browse on the net if you can. then you solve your problem

zaldhie, Aug 29, 2016
  9. I restarted window, now i still connect to Internet and my Domain, window work fine. Thanks zaldhie!

10. zaldhie Win User
    good job! *Tongue

zaldhie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet. - Similar Threads - Window can't access

2. No internet access using ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access using ethernet: Good afternoon everyone, I was just browsing the Internet, then i was about to watch a video and it wouldn't load . So i restarted my pc and once everything loaded the ethernet icon said no internet so i looked into this further and in the network status page it said no...
  3. Odd network issue when both WiFi and Ethernet are enabled

Odd network issue when both WiFi and Ethernet are enabled: Win 10, 21H1 I have a laptop that has WiFi built-in, but I also connect a USB based Ethernet adapter to it sometimes. When I have the Ethernet adapter connected, I'll sometimes notice odd behavior on the network. For example, if I try to connect to a share on that laptop from...
  4. Limited internet Access on both wifi and Ethernet - build W10 1909 and 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limited internet Access on both wifi and Ethernet - build W10 1909 and 2004: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/teiubesctare28 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwz4os/limited_internet_access_on_both_wifi_and_ethernet/
  5. No Internet Access Ethernet

No Internet Access Ethernet: Recently, my PC has started to not receive any internet connection even with the ethernet plugged into the PC's port and both the PC and the Routers ports both lit up. My PC detects that the ethernet is plugged in yet I am receiving no connection. When I go into my ethernet's...
  6. Ethernet not accessing internet?

Ethernet not accessing internet?: Hello all, I recently decided to commit to the ways of the Ethernet and it hasn’t gone exactly as I had hoped. I got a 100ft cat 6 cable that recognizes its connected to my router, but isn’t able to load any websites and says, “no internet access”. I tested the cable my...
  7. both Ethernet + Wifi Not working

both Ethernet + Wifi Not working: After a network reset what stuff should i do to get my internet connection back? because after i reset the network nothing seems to work, no wifi no ethernet, adapters in device managers seem to have a problem yellow triangle when i open them i get code 56 , try to update...
  8. Disable WiFi when Ethernet is Used

Disable WiFi when Ethernet is Used: Is there a way to disable WiFi automatically when wired connection is active? I tried to do it via Network and Sharing Centre, but the option to disable it doesn't come up. I looked at WiFiAutoSwitch and Bridge Checket but they are not free. Help! submitted by...
  9. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  10. "No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless

"No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 and suddenly today I lost all internet access. Whether I'm connected through wireless or through an Ethernet cable, I'm consistently getting the little yellow triangle and "identifying, no internet access". Troubleshooting gives me...