Windows 10: Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix?

Discus and support Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; windows timing out quicker than normal. If I do not move my mouse to stay on the screen, the computer goes to sleep and then I have log in with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Patrick Paye, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix?

windows timing out quicker than normal. If I do not move my mouse to stay on the screen, the computer goes to sleep and then I have log in with my credentials. Is there a way to fix this so that it does not go to sleep so quick? This is happening in a minute or less.

:)

Patrick Paye, Apr 4, 2023
  2. kobib Win User

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix? 250480d1570525160t-pc-wont-go-sleep-fixed-feature-power-button-powercfg.png

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Apr 4, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 4, 2023
  4. Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix?

Computer will not go to sleep and/or the screen saver will not display in Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

Since there is no task created under Task scheduler, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system. I suggest you to run the
    Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side of the screen panel.
    • Select Power from the options,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the status of the troubleshooter and act accordingly to see if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persists, boot the computer in
    Clean boot state by following the steps below, and check if the issue persists.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig.msc and press
      Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      msconfig.
    • Select the top most search result.

Follow the steps from 3 underHow to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 4, 2023
Thema:

Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix?

1. Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix? - Similar Threads - Window computer screen

2. Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix?: windows timing out quicker than normal. If I do not move my mouse to stay on the screen, the computer goes to sleep and then I have log in with my credentials. Is there a way to fix this so that it does not go to sleep so quick? This is happening in a minute or less....
  3. Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window computer screen going to sleep quicker than normal. how do you fix fix?: windows timing out quicker than normal. If I do not move my mouse to stay on the screen, the computer goes to sleep and then I have log in with my credentials. Is there a way to fix this so that it does not go to sleep so quick? This is happening in a minute or less....
  4. How do you fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix this?: Fault bucket , type 0Event Name: LiveKernelEventResponse: Not availableCab Id: 0 Problem signature:P1: 144P2: 1004P3: ffff9f84a2ad69a0P4: 0P5: 0P6: 10_0_19045P7: 0_0P8: 768_1P9: P10:...
  5. How do you fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you fix this?: I recently tried to install the new windows 11 update from windows 10 and every time I try to boot up the desktop computer I get a blue screen of death. I have tried all troubleshooting options but I cannot get out of it. Before the update I had nothing running....
  6. How do you fix this?

How do you fix this?: I recently tried to install the new windows 11 update from windows 10 and every time I try to boot up the desktop computer I get a blue screen of death. I have tried all troubleshooting options but I cannot get out of it. Before the update I had nothing running....
  7. How do you fix this?

How do you fix this?: EDIT: It's been fixed by updating my network driver.Hi, for some reason none of my network connects are showing up and the only things that are is flight mode mode and network & internet settings see picture below. I've restarted my laptop and my router, but I've had no...
  8. How do you fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you fix this?: EDIT: It's been fixed by updating my network driver.Hi, for some reason none of my network connects are showing up and the only things that are is flight mode mode and network & internet settings see picture below. I've restarted my laptop and my router, but I've had no...
  9. How do you fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix this: This was probably caused by the following module: afd.sys 0xFFFFF8073DE7DF79 Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0xFFFF9D0EF78AAFB8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8073DE7DF79Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  10. How do you fix this

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you fix this: some of my applications only fill up half of the screen[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-this/fa16cd86-7e63-483c-ba31-7940502bb97b