Windows 10: Window defender antivirus update not updating

Discus and support Window defender antivirus update not updating in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Window defender antivirus update not updating... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TemesgenBeyene, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Window defender antivirus update not updating

Window defender antivirus update not updating

:)

TemesgenBeyene, Dec 28, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Milton Win User
    definition update for windows denfender antivirus

Hi mknic,
    I have literally just installed the definition update KB2267602 without any problem. I suggest as a first step checking all the Windows Defender settings to make sure they all have the 'green ticks' in each section.

Window defender antivirus update not updating [​IMG]

ps. The only reason the 'Family Options' is not ticked is because I am the only user on my computer.

I also would suggest running the 'Troubleshoot' feature in the Update & Security settings which has a section dealing with update problems.

Window defender antivirus update not updating [​IMG]

Milton, Dec 28, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Why won't Windows Defender not auto update anymore

I have have windows updates set to notify updates , I will install myself, because I want to make a system restore point before installing updates.

Because of this windows defender does not update automatically and I had to create a task for updating in the task scheduler, which I did but it does not work anymore since I re-installed windows.
    What am I doing wrong?

Window defender antivirus update not updating defender-update-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Window defender antivirus update not updating - Similar Threads - Window defender antivirus

2. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  4. Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update: I have seen where there is an issue with Windows 10 and Defender not updating. I have the same problem with Windows 11. When I try to update I get error code 80070714. I have tried a multitude of fixes but nothing seems to work....
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Antivirus Update Error 0x80070643: There is a Windows Defender Antivirus update available but I am unable to install it as it is showing error. I have already reboot my laptop and ran the commands on CMD like sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth , but none of them helped out. Please...
  6. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 version 1.331.2263.0. I have gotten this update everyday for at least two weeks now. I update it, then it says you're up to date - But then it comes up again the day after. I have no ideas what's going on and why this happens....
  7. Problem Updating Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Problem Updating Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hello, I am currently on an old Image on Windows 10 basically the Antimalware Client isn't updated to its latest version. I don't know on how to install it as I seem to be running into a pickle of a update. My current version on the Microsoft Defender Antivirus Antimalware...
  8. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Hi, I have these messages in windows update history: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 Version 1.313.2340.0 Failed to install on 4/25/2020 - 0x8024000b KB2267602 Version 1.313.2261.0 Failed to install on 4/24/2020 - 0x8024000b...
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update

Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update: Hello. I am here with another problem with my laptop. I am using Windows 10 build 1809 too. I want to install build 1909, but as I do so, it does say Windows Defender is pending an update, and after lots of minutes, even almost an hour, it gets stuck on: "Security...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus not Updating

Windows Defender Antivirus not Updating: Windows Defender Antivirus is not getting update and showing message of Virus and Spyware Definitions could not be installed. Please Provide me Suggestion.[ATTACH]...